Elite Sneak Peek

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: Elite Sneak Peek

Post by kg1961 »

Last edited by kg1961 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Last edited by kg1961 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I had wondered too but was going to hold out till I heard it. That is a monster X-max and if they can do that and SQ too my hat is off of them.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

kg1961 wrote:Morgan can you please tell me how this is to be a sq sub to match the new elite sq amps when most sq sub don't have a monster xmax like this one? im just reading and seeing company like focal and they only have 11mm xmas on there 16" but a very sensitivity 92.5 dB
It looks great but maybe im missing something or read the info wrong? :oops:
it look to me to more like a spl sub not to knock the spl sub but the old elite sub were great but pg didn't have amp that could run 2 of them
A larger Xmax does not necessarily make a subwoofer geared more towards SPL. Many sound quality subwoofers these days have a higher Xmax. Besides, 60mm is the Peak to Peak excursion. Divide that in half and you get the one way Xmax of 30mm. This is probably how the Focal was rated. A higher Xmax just means more displacement which means a higher SPL level.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Last edited by kg1961 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I agree its alot, to put that in perspective its 1.18" either way. When the hell did we become able to use the stupid us way to measure one-way movement of a speaker? AGain I will hold off till I hear it and if its true my order will be placed and my rsdc'd put up for sale promptly, with a written apology...... :)
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Yes, 30mm is a LOT of travel. There are a number of other manufacturers that have at or near that travel for their SQ subs (SSA Xcon = 31mm, Fi Q = 28mm, Hertz Mille = 28mm, etc...) It doesn't mean you have to use all 30mm either, as I'm sure many of us on this forum would not.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Also the sub is prob geared for sq+ . I will also say one of the best sq sub that I have herd was the first elite sub pg made and that sub has monster x-mass . Focal makes very nice stuff . But I think its over priced for what u get . Next fans make noise that can be picked up buy the mic in an comp . Turning the fan off is an handy opt- but it should not be shut off for long times .
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

dwnrodeo wrote:Yes, 30mm is a LOT of travel. There are a number of other manufacturers that have at or near that travel for their SQ subs (SSA Xcon = 31mm, Fi Q = 28mm, Hertz Mille = 28mm, etc...) It doesn't mean you have to use all 30mm either, as I'm sure many of us on this forum would not.
I can vouch for the Xcon as I finally put power to my SSA Xcon 10D2 :shock: yesterday and all I can say is ...DAMN :shock: . It weighs more than the TIElite12D I just replaced and is in a 1.2cuft^3 sealed enclosure being run off a JL Audio 500/1v2 and it pounds :twisted: , yet it still isn't broken in yet. So, If the new PG Elite sub is what it's cracked up to be, then sign me up for at least 1 ...if not 2. :twisted: :clap:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

The more maximum excursion a sub has the more juice u need to control it properly. The Ti12elite needed 1200 Watts RMS to start working and u managed to get great results with 2k and use the full 50.5mm peak to peak.

Reading the numbers above i´m more than curious which amp matches the new Elite sub. The Ti2500.1 only does 1500Watts @ 2 Ohms
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Gents,

Xmax is important, but a long throw woofer without the proper suspension compliance and motor force means nothing.

For example, a dragster with a 1000hp motor has the potential to be very fast, but if you do not have the proper tires (transmission, etc) to control and transfer that energy correctly. The results will be disappointing.

The acoustical goal for the Elite.12d is a very musical, dynamic and controlled output at high SPL levels. Its not a pure SPL driver in the sense of an old MTX RFL, or DD driver. Its not a pure SQ woofer in the sense of a low excursion, high sensitivity woofer.

Its a woofer that sounds great while making a ton of output with a wide variety of music (RnB, Rock, Classical, etc).
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

edited
Last edited by kg1961 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
2020 honda accord sport
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Not trying to be rude, however that has to be the most rambling post I have ever read.

If you can summarize that into a clear question or two, I would be happy to answer them.
Morgan West
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Last edited by kg1961 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 honda accord sport
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

the glowing tri-led's make it stand out to me!

there are 2 amps in the ti line that can definitely run 1 (or more). and the new line will likely have more. how many should they have? how many amps could run the old pg ti-elite? i'm not getting the point you are trying to make? how many amp options to run it should there be?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Last edited by kg1961 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 honda accord sport
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

kg1961 wrote:i just wished this time they would have made something for the sq fans
also only the one and new elite amp have the power to run the new subs im guessing the new dvc will be dual 4ohm ?

morgan why doesn't pg talk about the new sub having more xmax better control than the old elite subs or rsdc or the new amp have more raw power than the old m or ms amp
not everyone remeber the 90's and with zero referance to were you have been might help people go i remeber my old m amp let me try the new item

i think using the word elite to just mean more is not great for sales
i would hope you add these new amps have better sound than the zpa amps ect ect
SQ sub on 1500 watts? Not going to happen without a 2000 watt front stage :lol:. I think the Elite is perfect fit for its power range. A pure SQ 300 watt range sub would be nice, but the Ti2 already sounds good enough if my RSDC is anything to go by. If you are looking for low Xmax high efficiency 90's woofers then you might just have to buy them used, because the entire market is doing it differently. Even Image Dynamics stopped making the shallow-Xmax IDQ drivers and replaced it with a high excursion model.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

kg1961 wrote:
MW3 wrote:Not trying to be rude, however that has to be the most rambling post I have ever read.

If you can summarize that into a clear question or two, I would be happy to answer them.

No problem Morgan sorry i was all over the place
question
if you have a ti and ti2 sub (they look the same and have the same spec???) is there really a market for the new elite sub and why does it look like all the others this is your top line it should sand out. all le amp did and do? im guessing it will be alot more money and pg doesn't have alot of product in there line past or present that can run 1 or 2
I know you have "the one" but i will bet 95% of the elite subs will not have that amp behind them

2. if the new elite sub is not sq or spl than do we think the same on the amps? if your making a high end amps (what i thought reading this post before the info on the sub) there should be high end speaker and sub for it.
I just look at other companys in the more sq higher end area and they have very very nice speakers but maybe don't have the amps that can be made by pg. have you guy ever thought about joining up with another company to make a full set. to date the best speaker pg has ever made were the morel elite speaker
1. Yes there is a market for the Elite Sub. It looks different but still similar enough so an user could still use it with Ti amplifier and everything looks at home. Since the relaunch their is more emphasis on performance than cosmetics, this why you find cosmetic themes more clean/modern without tons of flash and things hanging off them that don't improve performance.

BTW: Check the cosmetics of a JL W6 vs. W7, I heard their woofers weren't too shabby. ;)

The One, Elite.1, Ti2500.1, even a SD1300.1 or Ti1500.1 could run (one or more) Elite.12d(s). Elite.1 is setup perfectly to drive two Elite.12d.

2. Just because a speaker set is made by certain manufacture does not means its a "high end" product. Perfect example is Elite speakers, we had massive tweeter failures. Ever wonder why you see lots of mids without tweeters for sale. Again, a properly designed system with excellent materials and tight production procedures is the key, regardless of where its built.

You are over thinking this way too much. Its really this simple.

Elite series is all about delivering clean, accurate and dynamic reproduction of your music with very little to no compromise.
Morgan West
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

kg1961 wrote:i just wished this time they would have made something for the sq fans
also only the one and new elite amp have the power to run the new subs im guessing the new dvc will be dual 4ohm ?

morgan why doesn't pg talk about the new sub having more xmax better control than the old elite subs or rsdc or the new amp have more raw power than the old m or ms amp
not everyone remeber the 90's and with zero referance to were you have been might help people go i remeber my old m amp let me try the new item

i think using the word elite to just mean more is not great for sales
i would hope you add these new amps have better sound than the zpa amps ect ect
You are not listening or paying attention and your rambling again.

READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD if you want to know how the amplifiers compare to previous amp lines.

The purpose of this thread is to layout the design and facts of the new line, answer questions and then you can draw your own conclusions.
Morgan West
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Elite.4 Gut Shot...

Morgan West
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Last edited by kg1961 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

wow... Uh I will hold out any of my own opinions until I get to hear them but then again I am still waiting to hear the old/new line.
tvrift

Post by tvrift »

Please dont offer a high-end product with Audiobahn flea market looks, this combination will not go over well.

The specs of the new products seem nice, but PLEASE make it look "serious" and "all-business". Skip the stupid LEDs and anything flashy.
evo9

Post by evo9 »

Morgan, it looks very potent on the inside. But where is the 5 channel version? :(
An elite.4 & Elite.5 sure would be sweet! You have me running to uncle Larry for the Voce instead.

MW3 wrote:Elite.4 Gut Shot...

longboard

Post by longboard »

looks good it looks alot like the xenon line but beefer!! good work
1,al dd10,2 al 15 farad powercores,2nakamichi cd400s,1 xenon 200.4,2 xenon 1200.1,3 sets ti elite9s,2 sets ti elite 5s 1 set ti elite 6s 4 sets ti elite tweets 2 13w7 subs,9 ti rmds,3 pg show pieces 1 ms2250,2 zx350s,2 zx 200s,2 zx250s,1 zx450v2,1 475 ti