Exile XT10 or PG RSD12

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
gentlejax2

Exile XT10 or PG RSD12

Post by gentlejax2 »

I got one of each. the exile is new still in box the rsd12 was new till I got it. it sat around for 2 months until recently. its broken it but it was not in my car. it was used in my neighbors truck for the last 3 weeks.

I dont need both.

which do you think will sound better? I dont have system installed yet so I cant test both. I dont have box made yet for the Exile.

I was just hoping to get opinions more than anything.

I wanted the Exile due to small space needed...although the rsd12 is in a very compact box right now too..its all I had to loan it to him for testing.
99 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Re: Exile XT10 or PG RSD12

Post by Bfowler »

the rsd is broken?

assuming both were in working order. the rsd will flat out destroy the exile for output, and play much deeper, even in a small box (which they dont like)

the exile will play a little more accurate in the 60+ range, although quieter. the exile is a fine sub for what its designed for (good sound from tiny space available) but pitting it against a rsd12 is not really fair
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
gentlejax2

Post by gentlejax2 »

I meant the RSD is broken in...I was typing too fast. not broken..broken in...lol

I guess I will sell the exile seeing how I can use the rsd. it sounded just fine in his truck and he was running crappy stuff..well...he had stock head unit off so so entry level amp...

I guess I will sell the exile. I know I can. I can get my money out of it...the RSD I tried to sell before we opened it and nobody wanted it. lol
99 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

RSD12 ideally needs a big box; 1.25-2cuft is the ideal range for them. The Exile could be better in a small box.
gentlejax2

Post by gentlejax2 »

Exile sold last night within 1hr. Kind of wish I didn't sell it.

Looked like a nice sub but as far as output i figured the 12 would be better in the end for me. That and the fact everyone seems to want the rss for free these days.
99 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

yeah, the price of those plummeted. the xt is a fine sub for limited space. but you made the right decision
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
denim

Post by denim »

Not to stray off topic, but the "BIG" sub line looks to have some similar bits of drivers of recent past. The reason I mention them is the pricing listed on their site is almost JL-like.