anyone have a step by step headrest monitor install

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
kg1961
Got wood?

anyone have a step by step headrest monitor install

Post by kg1961 »

hi everyone i have a honda civic and im going to add a headrest monitor for my duaghter. i hate cutting up a car for audio but i also bought a extra oem set of headrests. does anyone have point step by step ect for this.
thanks again in advance
Mike
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: anyone have a step by step headrest monitor install

Post by ttocs »

you will need to make a wooden frame that fits around the plastic frame the tv sits in. Be sure to leave it a loose fit as you will need to pull the material between the two so if you start with a super tight fit it will not work when you stretch the material between them. Now cut a hole in the material, but be sure to keep it smaller then the frame you built(mark the area with tape). Now once you do that you will need to remove as much padding as is neede to get the frame and the tv in it. Take your time, cut only a little at a time and before you know it you will have the tv ready to slide into place. Before mounting it completely be sure to figure out how you will run the cables down(sometimes you can go through the piping so it will not show but not often). Once all that is done, use a staple gun and some short staples to staple the material to the inside of the wood frame you made. Once that is done and you have the material stretched so it sits flat, now you can snap in the tv's plastic frame and mount it to the wood, then slap in the tv.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

so let say the cord will not go down the tubing
how do you guys add the cable ect up the seat with out damage. im kinda worried my seats are cloth
also when you make the wooden case what does that hold to?
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

sometimes there is a frame inside the headrest that you can mount the wood frame too but normally it is just held in place by the material that is stretched and stapled too it and will be fine.

Cloth seats are better then vinyl or leather. Often you can just stretch the hole they made to attach the headrest to the seat if not then just poke a small hole. Use a coat hanger as a fish tape to pull the cable down from the top. YOu might need to release the clips that hold the back of the seat to the bottom of it, which might need the seat removed to get access to it.

Its not as hard as you think
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

thanks again
the only problem i see is my headrest have a opening in the center so im going to have to mod somehting so it doens't look bad from the front area
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

just add some padding and cloth to a piece of wood and you can probably use it to secure the wood frame on the other side.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

ttocs wrote:just add some padding and cloth to a piece of wood and you can probably use it to secure the wood frame on the other side.
I am going to do that and ad i oem civic badge or something. it will be resessed so it will not stand out but if you look
2020 honda accord sport
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

A little late to reply but use a fish (metal line for running wires that contractors use) that you can get at any Home Depot/Lowes etc. I used it on my GMC to run through seat from top holes and it came out at the seat bend that folds down.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!