Ti EliteD box help.

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Wrennagade

Ti EliteD box help.

Post by Wrennagade »

Hello I want to put my elite in an adequate sized box mainly for SQ. Are there any step by step diagrams for this particular sub? I know 1'' MDF is recommended as well as internal supports. Haven't made many boxes & want this one done right. Thanks guys.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
2xTi X-overs/1x Ti Tweets
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
AVICJR
Team Coach

Re: Ti EliteD box help.

Post by AVICJR »

A sealed box braced and supported with at least a 1" mounting face with about 1.3-1.4^3 internal volume will give you a good SQL setup per the manual. Good luck with the setup, if you give it enough power that sub will be a low end MONSTER!!

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... ev8.02.pdf
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

I'm using my 800.1 as that's the biggest I have.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

That amp should be fine for that woofer. I was talking to brenzbmr@sb awhile back when I had a Ti Elite and he was giving me recommendations on box sizes. 1.4-1.5 sealed should be great for that sub. As far as ported goes, it can be anywhere from 3.5-5 cubic ft I think. Depends on the application of course, but I would talk to brenz about the box sizes. He definitely knows his stuff! I wish I still had a Ti Elite :(
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

it will sound ok....but that sub is very power hungry. you might try and find another 800.1 down the road...and do 1 on each coil, or strap them
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

Hmmm. My thought was maybe trying to find a 1200.1 & then sell my 800.1 or partial trade it for a 1200.1. I was under the impression that the 800 would put out around 1000w, but Valeks informed me I was mistaken.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Years ago I had 2 Elites, each being powered by 1 Rsd1200.1, it sounded beautiful, so much clear low end bass, it never ceased to impress me.

I still have an Elite that I bought a while ago from Daveweibel and I want to run it with my X1200.1, but I too would need to build a suitable box...and the trunk of my Rex doesn't have a lot height. I will have to start taking some measurements.

Keep us posted how yours turns out, maybe I'll take some tips.
Rides History-www.cardomain.com/id/HotColt22

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

I switched cars again...this time to an sti and want to start with the Ti12D Elite and a custom enclosure instead of the Rsdc102 with Audio Integrations Enclosure that I never get around to changing because it's just too easy.

You guys think that 1" closet pole bracing on the depth and height will be sufficient? I don't have room for a massive box so i have to build and brace efficiently to come in at about 1.6 volume.

I will be powering the Elite with 2 X600.1s :twisted: .

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Also, does anyone have easy access to reasonably priced 1" mdf?

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

just do a double 3/4 on the baffle, you will be fine, the rest of the box in 3/4 will be totally acceptable
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Thanks Dave, I'll do that, I can finally put your minty 12D Elite to work : ).

And what about the bracing? 2 closet poles on the height, and 2 on the width or depth?

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

box recommendations based on my expereinces

a. musical i would do 2.75 net volume tuned at 32hz. will give u good extension with some upper bass * these woofers are kinda shy on the upper bass.
b. low bass monster but will be overly excessive. 4.1 cubic ft tuned at 27hz. need to watch the amount of power you put in them due to the larger box compromises some of the mechanical power handling but the trade off is massive low end. pair it up with some serious boost at 30hz and watch out.
c. 2.5 seemed to be the more balanced box tuned about 35hz. gave more upper response and still dumped low end but not as excessive as the 2.75 tuned lower.

the only problem i see in this woofer is its ability to be very effecient in the lower octaves. no matter what box i built sealed or ported it was over powering from 35hz and lower depending on the alignment. i only ran 800 watts to the woofer and the "power hungry" saying is mor of the fact that it lacks sensitivity in the upper bass frequencies, that woofer in my 4.1 cubic ft enclosure at 800 watts did 138db at 28hz and it was insane. i had strong midbass in my car from my doors so i would set the sub to very low boost and use it for reinforcement of the lower bass. it worked well and if i wanted lots of low end i just cranked it.

there is better choices of woofers to use for sq, but it does sound good. very deep and authoritive.

these are my opionions and should be only used as a reference not as the 11th testament. LOL
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Phoenixcolt wrote:Thanks Dave, I'll do that, I can finally put your minty 12D Elite to work : ).

And what about the bracing? 2 closet poles on the height, and 2 on the width or depth?
Finally almost done with my Elite enclosure...I borrowed my buddy's 18V nail gun to get it done right.

My MDF was a bit warped and the saw I had the panels cut with at Lowes didn't cut them as straight as I needed them to which really stunk but I sanded the panels down the best I could to make it fairly even but I still have some small gaps in the outside seams. I did end up going with 1" closet poles for internal bracing, and what a pain those were to nail properly from the outside (they fastened a bit crooked). I will end up at about 1.58 cubic feet of internal volume after the volume of the bracing is subtracted. A bit less than the ideal 1.8 but I'm pretty sure it will still sound awesome compare to my single 10 right now.

I'll definitely be siliconing the inside seams and any gaps in the seams on the outside, as well as were my internal bracing meets the panels on the inside. Once I seal it up, I will nail the front facing to the rest of the box.

Not the prettiest enclosure opening but the sub does fit fine :lol: .

Last edited by Phoenixcolt on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

Sorry this person has moved or deleted this image
Photobucket
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

I tried to paste it in again.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

Lol looks like it will be solid as hell with those wooden poles inside there. The double baffle is a good idea for that woofer as well. From what I can see, it looks to be a solid usable box.
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

lukeman269 wrote:Lol looks like it will be solid as hell with those wooden poles inside there. The double baffle is a good idea for that woofer as well. From what I can see, it looks to be a solid usable box.
Thanks man! Yeah Dave gave me the bracing and double baffle recommendations which both seemed solid, gotta do it right or I won't be happy : ).

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

Yeah hopefully it will be the sound you're looking for. Those ti elites get down super low and with authority.
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Yeah man, I had 2 at one point back in college each powered by an rsd1200, one should be perfect for what I'm looking for right now...check out my old colt on my cardomain page in my signature : ).

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

Phoenixcolt wrote:Yeah man, I had 2 at one point back in college each powered by an rsd1200, one should be perfect for what I'm looking for right now...check out my old colt on my cardomain page in my signature : ).
Man that's a sick setup with those amps arrayed like that. I definitely liked that layout. I bet it was loud in that car too!
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Hey Guys, sorry to rehash this old thread again.

My Cube shaped box for the Elite took up too much space in the trunk so I had to retire it after only a couple weeks but gd did it sound sick in 1.5 cubic feet getting 1200 watts.

For the time being, I am going to run 2 RSDC102s but as good as they sound, the Elite sounded better for what I was looking for...which was excellent rock kick drum and bass guitar...it also had crushing lows for Electronic and Hip Hop : ).

So in the future I want to build a different shaped box. I have an angled trunk floor though so I would have to make something that is shaped to fit.
Do too many angles in an enclosure affect the sound? There would have to be an angle on the bottom of the enclosure and the back of the enclosure would have to be angled.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

A lot of speaker builders strive for angles to avoid internal standing waves. When you get into full range multiple driver alignments like home speakers it can get hairy, especially angling the the baffle forwards or backwards. For a sub box that size, that shouldn't be a problem, and it shouldn't affect the sound as long as the integrity of the box itself isn't compromised by being a bit off on your cuts and what-not.
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

ajaye wrote:A lot of speaker builders strive for angles to avoid internal standing waves. When you get into full range multiple driver alignments like home speakers it can get hairy, especially angling the the baffle forwards or backwards. For a sub box that size, that shouldn't be a problem, and it shouldn't affect the sound as long as the integrity of the box itself isn't compromised by being a bit off on your cuts and what-not.
Cool thanks, I'll make sure I'm meticulous with the cuts...that 12 was heaven : ).

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12