sound advice

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
robl30166

sound advice

Post by robl30166 »

looking for some advice and direction i should go here. im looking to improve
my mids and highs in my car to kinda balance my rear... in the rear im running 2 pg 12 inch elites running each being powered by 2 x600.1 in the front doors i have a set of fosgate 5 1/4 and tweeter above that then i put 4 fosgate 6 1/2 in the rear deck all running off of a old school ms250 iam looking to get more volume from the front so the low end doesnt drown the front out so much so im looking for sugestions and direction of where i might want to go with it if i have to change the whole front iam willing to do that..
any help is appreciated
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Got pix? Type of car? Are you after SQL or SPL? Need more info.......

I can immediately tell you that qty 4 6.5" mids in the rear deck along with a pair of 12" subs next door is counter productive, especially with, in essence, no front stage. The rear drivers & subs are easily drowning out anything your underpowered front stage is capable of.

Tweets in the door are also non-productive. They are too low. High frequencies are extremely directional, so you have to get them up and angled toward the listener. Mids or mid bass can go in the doors and close the gap between the subs and the tweets. Ideal mid or mid/tweet location is in the kick panels, but requires much modification.

You also need to balance power. Your running potentially 1200 watts to the subs and 50 watts for the rest of the drivers? That's like having Chris Farley, John Belushi and Cass Elliot in the front of your canoe. Dead weight and unbalanced. You need to have each driver driven by it's own channel.

I have qty 4 tweets in my ride. I attached them to different locations throughout the car to determine where I wanted them permanently. Velcro or duct tape works well. A pair ended up in the A-pillars, pointing toward the opposite side listener. Two more in the rear C-pillars, again directed toward the opposite side listener. Mids X4 located in factory side panels, two in the front, two in the rear. My fader is in the defeat position because the separation and stages are properly balanced by adjusting each individual amplifier output to my preferences Pix through my www button.

Post some pix to allow more defined options for your specific application.

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

grab two rsd1200.1 to run the elites or really anyhting to give them about 1500 watts...the x600.1 are a little weak for those monsters.

As for your front stage....dumped the rear stage. and use something in your front stage with a strong mid bass like maybe the rsd6.5cs or an added midbass to your rf comp set. W/ a 5.25" set to the ti eltie I am willign you have considerable gap in the freq range. IMO Put the midrange and tweet in kicks, midbass in the door if it will be added, then possibly add another tweeter up high.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?