What amp(s) to use

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ZTwenty8SSR

What amp(s) to use

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

I have been trying to make up my mind on what I should use for a amp or amps in my Camaro.

I have a roadster 66 that is still factory sealed in the box I did not even take it out to look at it yet.

It will be a easier setup 4 channels for front and 1 rear with 2 subs

the benefit to this amp is its all in 1 piece so 1 power and 1 ground 1 amp to bolt down

drawbacks its a nice amp but it still has that generic black finish to it and how much dose a black amp stand out surrounded with black carpet.

Or I have 2 M44s that need caps changed and rca plugs and I want to get some custom artwork done on them for subs I have a MS2250 but it also is in need of repairs

(not much chance on the 2250 going in) or I was thinking about 2 M50s for subs to go with the M44s cleaner install

Setup will be 2 M44s both bridged for 4 channels 2 front 2 rear with 1 M50 bridged for 1 sub X2

The benefits are multiple times more power custom paint will look better and a good chance it will sound better and multiple amps will allow for a symmetrical setup.

There are drawbacks to this setup the repairs and getting the artwork done and if I decide on M50s for subs I will need to find 2 them but it is not a big deal will not be

doing it this summer the wiring multiple amps not a big deal but more work more fuse and distribution blocks setup will take more space than the roadster.

I also need to figure out what I will be using for front and rear (no6X9s) speakers so if anybody has any suggestions on something they have or have heard in 300 to 500$ range a set pleas let me know
00goobs

What amp(s) to use

Post by 00goobs »

You could sacrifice your MS2250 for a couple of M100s and do an all M theme.
The Roadster is a nice all in one and all you'd need to do is come up with something flashy for the amp install...
Find another Roadster cheap and paint it the same color as your car, or accent it...
ZTwenty8SSR

Re: What amp(s) to use

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

00goobs wrote:You could sacrifice your MS2250 for a couple of M100s and do an all M theme.
The Roadster is a nice all in one and all you'd need to do is come up with something flashy for the amp install...
Find another Roadster cheap and paint it the same color as your car, or accent it...
I'll have to do some measuring the 2 M100s would be cool too
If I go with the roadster I will use the one I have finding a cheap roadster might not be too easy.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Roadster gets my vote, my buddy loves his and I think my RsD's do a great job, and I have not had any issue's since install.
there is something to be said for reliability.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

I have decided to go with my 2 M44s and 2 M100s so I will start off by getting my M44s re caped and then I will start the hunt for 2 M100s.
Once I get all the amps I will start a thread in the installs section but it might be a while.
00goobs

What amp(s) to use

Post by 00goobs »

How much do you like your MS2250? If you like the idea of the M100s, maybe you won't want to give your 2250 any attention ; )....
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

Sorry the MS2250 is not for sale I will sell the roadster first if I have to sell anything.