Today I bought a ZPA !

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
unbreakabledancer777

Re: Today I bought a ZPA !

Post by unbreakabledancer777 »

i'm sorry I don't understand you, my english is not perfect ... :(
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

zeropoint0.5 wrote:I tried to resize the pics i recently took of one my 0.5'sV2.....

So.... that worked..... this is what i talk about..... it has been done in all my 0.5's (V1 and V2 versions)

I do a simular modification in the M series also.....the 3W out, a 5W, same value and away from the board

in it's place.... this is a descision i haven't regret yet !!!. I have some of my amps of course with an already

discolored daughterboard, cause i bought them that way..... especially the V1's... but i don't have to explain that

because who knows the zpa's know that much much better than me i quess....
Good job! Im looking for those Dale resistors with the little gold heat sink to replace those on the fan daughter board.. what value did you used, ohms?? 2 of my zpas have variable speed fans and a couple other fans for other amps, controlled by a fan controller for a comp. I bypassed the daughter board. its not a permanent thing tho..
Square 1
unbreakabledancer777

Post by unbreakabledancer777 »

unbreakabledancer777 wrote:Is it possible to find these things?

is there anyone could help me to find these things please?

thanks
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

unbreakabledancer777 wrote:
unbreakabledancer777 wrote:Is it possible to find these things?

is there anyone could help me to find these things please?

thanks

make this YOURSELF out of little plastic pieces you can find around your house. use a jewelers file to cut the slots. it WILL work and doesnt take much practice.
Square 1
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

freshkryp69 wrote:
zeropoint0.5 wrote:I tried to resize the pics i recently took of one my 0.5'sV2.....

So.... that worked..... this is what i talk about..... it has been done in all my 0.5's (V1 and V2 versions)

I do a simular modification in the M series also.....the 3W out, a 5W, same value and away from the board

in it's place.... this is a descision i haven't regret yet !!!. I have some of my amps of course with an already

discolored daughterboard, cause i bought them that way..... especially the V1's... but i don't have to explain that

because who knows the zpa's know that much much better than me i quess....
Good job! Im looking for those Dale resistors with the little gold heat sink to replace those on the fan daughter board.. what value did you used, ohms?? 2 of my zpas have variable speed fans and a couple other fans for other amps, controlled by a fan controller for a comp. I bypassed the daughter board. its not a permanent thing tho..

value is the same so 330 ohms, but 5W/5%.

about the fans.....i hope no issues there will be with bypassing the daughterboard. i know with the panaflo fans (11wings) on a V1 model the two resitors

are 91 ohms, with the adda fans ( 7wings) on the V2 model they are 51 ohms..... If you're planning to not running the amp hard,like on front speakers, you

can put the panaflo fan back in , it will be much more quiet, and this on the 51 ohms resistors, put a extra 27 ohms/3W resistors in series on the + of the fan,

it will run exactly the same as in the V1 model. But of course if you wanna play hard it is better to work with the adda fan. but they make way more noise then

the panaflo..... reason is the adda fan's bearing type is ball bearing, the panaflo's bearing type is hydro wave.....

My opinion is, if the amp runs to fast hot due to playing a lower loads, work with a second amp..... better multiple amps then everything on one amp.....

let's enjoy them for a long long time.....this is my way of thinking about it......