Can anyone here replace caps and test the output of my M25?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
DeuceRooster

Can anyone here replace caps and test the output of my M25?

Post by DeuceRooster »

I have an M25 (Series II) that is in nearly mint physical condition however it hasn't been used in about 10 years. I want to install it into a brand new vehicle so I need to have it freshened up with new rail and output caps. I have exchanged PMs with a few different people however I am looking for someone who has the capability to be able to test the output of the amp and print a sheet similar to a "birth sheet" for it. If anyone can do this, please shoot me a PM.
wooferdog

Re: Can anyone here replace caps and test the output of my M

Post by wooferdog »

valeks1 should be able to do that. heres the link.
http://www.altser.com/index.html
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

I can do it, am restoring my SA3.0X with all new caps (just the electrolytics caps, the film rarely fail). Not just that am also replacing the output transistors & all 6 signal op amps - previoius owner drove the amplifier into clipping all the time and damaged a few components.

As you can see I dont have any feedback or that many posts here but am a regular at DIYMA and have positive feedback. PM me if intersted, I would only charge you 25-35 for replacing all caps (you cover return shipping) caps price not included (if its only the rail caps, it will be around 3-5 bucks, I suggest you replace all the electrolytic caps). Can also do an output test (clean, no clipping) also have a scope to make sure signal is clean - bias will be checked also.
DeuceRooster

Post by DeuceRooster »

Thanks for the replies. I shot you a PM tricky.