And 'possible to merge two MS 2250 with heatsink

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
luigi66

Post by luigi66 »

I ask this question do you think you can merge together two frames of two separate amps like the 2250 ms doing so they become like the 1000 ms.
Thanks and sorry my English is not perfect.
1x MPS2240
1x MPS2500 (New still with its original packaging)
1x MS2250
1x MS275 (gray)
1x MS2125 (gray)
Alpine 7990 f1 status
Alpine PXA H 900
Dynaudio mw 160
Dynaudio md 140/2
Dynaudio md100
Boston acoustics pro 12.5 LF
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: And 'possible to merge two MS 2250 with heatsink

Post by ttocs »

yer english is fine, welcome to the forum.

anything is possible just depends on how much time/money you want to put into it. Are you talking in one heatsink because if so we did recently have a member make some reproduction sinks that you could get and go to town with.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
luigi66

Post by luigi66 »

ttocs wrote:yer english is fine, welcome to the forum.

anything is possible just depends on how much time/money you want to put into it. Are you talking in one heatsink because if so we did recently have a member make some reproduction sinks that you could get and go to town with.
Ttocs thanks for the welcome, think I own amplifiers phoenix gold for a lifetime and not even know the existence of the forum I joined now and hope to be welcome in this forum splendodo.
I ask right now apologize for my not perfect English but I have learned at school and unfortunately not very well but I hope to be understood.
My idea was to combine the frame of a phoenix gold ms 2125 phoenix gold ms gray to gray 275 and make a frame so that the only kind of am amp franck stein.
I do not know if you understood my idea that this is possible weights.
Greetings Louis.
1x MPS2240
1x MS2250
1x MS275 (gray)
1x MS2125 (gray)
Alpine 7990 f1 status
Alpine PXA H 900
Dynaudio mw 160
Dynaudio md 140/2
Dynaudio md100
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Welcome to the phorum, anything is possible :lol:
00goobs

Post by 00goobs »

I can weld two sinks together, the hard part is the outer fins. Soldering them would fill the gaps if powder coating. I've put a 2125 and 275 under one fan shroud and you couldn't really see the gap when under the plexi and mounted tightly.

Welcome to the phorum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

stop apologizing for your english its great and we can understand you better them some inner city kids and most peope from the southern states :)

are you wanting to connect them together mechanically with some kind of metal braces holding them together or are you wanting to try and weld them or something crazy like that, or just mount them next to each other but not connected? I assume your will be showing the circuit boards and not the fins on the heatsinks?
luigi66

Post by luigi66 »

ttocs wrote:stop apologizing for your english its great and we can understand you better them some inner city kids and most peope from the southern states :)

are you wanting to connect them together mechanically with some kind of metal braces holding them together or are you wanting to try and weld them or something crazy like that, or just mount them next to each other but not connected? I assume your will be showing the circuit boards and not the fins on the heatsinks?
So many thanks for the welcome.
My idea was to weld a piece but I have not seen any of this work online, so I think this thing is not so good and beautiful.
So I thought of joining them closer to the show circuit, do not know if they can be avvvitati between them, has anyone ever tried doing this?
You told me you can be connected together with a kind of braces do you explain how?
I also placed ads looking for here on the forum looking for some coolers of this size 25.5 "W x 11.4" W x 2.4 "H, my intention was to make a Frank Stein Amp'n replication but still did not answer no.
Greetings to all.
1x MPS2240
1x MS2250
1x MS275 (gray)
1x MS2125 (gray)
Alpine 7990 f1 status
Alpine PXA H 900
Dynaudio mw 160
Dynaudio md 140/2
Dynaudio md100
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

I´m working on a nice white MS475 at the moment and will have two MS275 sinks welded together by friday i guess. Whatever u do do not weld the fins together. The fins will bend all directions when getting to warm and it takes hours of sanding to get that straigthened out again so it´s not visible anymore when powder coated.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if you were to weld them I would just do a good line across the solid bottom and then use bondo/filler to connect the fins on the other side. A little sanding and some paint and it should look fine.
My other idea to join them was just to take some aluminum bars of some type that you would drill into and then use these pieces to hold them together.
Rexarmy

Post by Rexarmy »

joerg wrote:I´m working on a nice white MS475 at the moment and will have two MS275 sinks welded together by friday i guess. Whatever u do do not weld the fins together. The fins will bend all directions when getting to warm and it takes hours of sanding to get that straigthened out again so it´s not visible anymore when powder coated.
Do you think you could put some pics up of this? Maybe a after weld and what you do to make the inside smooth? I have been pondering this on my projects.

I think it would help both luigi66 and myself.
MQ430
MS2250TA
MS275
JBL 408GTi
JBL 600GTi
JBL 1000 GTi
Audio Control 6XS

Bring on the GOLD.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Rexarmy wrote:
joerg wrote:I´m working on a nice white MS475 at the moment and will have two MS275 sinks welded together by friday i guess. Whatever u do do not weld the fins together. The fins will bend all directions when getting to warm and it takes hours of sanding to get that straigthened out again so it´s not visible anymore when powder coated.
Do you think you could put some pics up of this? Maybe a after weld and what you do to make the inside smooth? I have been pondering this on my projects.

Will do so 8)
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
jammer750

Post by jammer750 »

I think if you remove the end plates. Mount the amps tight together . And make a one piece plexi to cover both of the amps
It would look great without allot of work.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if you are going to be showing the plexi side, I would connect the two amps on the bottom(heatsink side) by running some flat-stock aluminum along the mounting holes/edge. Drill and tap the holes in the flat-stock and you can use those screws to both hold them together and mount it all down solid, while still being able to disconnect them if you want too. You would probably need some kind of extra support in the middle if you picked it up but once it was mounted down it will be as solid as it could be.
luigi66

Post by luigi66 »

ttocs wrote:if you are going to be showing the plexi side, I would connect the two amps on the bottom(heatsink side) by running some flat-stock aluminum along the mounting holes/edge. Drill and tap the holes in the flat-stock and you can use those screws to both hold them together and mount it all down solid, while still being able to disconnect them if you want too. You would probably need some kind of extra support in the middle if you picked it up but once it was mounted down it will be as solid as it could be.
Do you think you could put some pics up of this?

I think it would help
1x MPS2240
1x MS2250
1x MS275 (gray)
1x MS2125 (gray)
Alpine 7990 f1 status
Alpine PXA H 900
Dynaudio mw 160
Dynaudio md 140/2
Dynaudio md100
luigi66

Post by luigi66 »

joerg wrote:
Rexarmy wrote:

Will do so 8)
Expect the picture to better appreciate your work.
1x MPS2240
1x MS2250
1x MS275 (gray)
1x MS2125 (gray)
Alpine 7990 f1 status
Alpine PXA H 900
Dynaudio mw 160
Dynaudio md 140/2
Dynaudio md100
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

only if I had the amps here.... all my stuff is RSD amps.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I personally wouldn't bother welding them... just remove the endplates, mount them together, and install a one-piece plexi across both. If you are desperate for a full size sink, check the buy/sell area as they have been floating around for a bit. Similarly people are trying to remake them right now in custom lengths I believe...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

As they said it would be easiest to just mount them next to each other rather then welding and with the plexi you would probably have to look pretty closely to see if you noticed or cared.
luigi66

Post by luigi66 »

stipud wrote:I personally wouldn't bother welding them... just remove the endplates, mount them together, and install a one-piece plexi across both. If you are desperate for a full size sink, check the buy/sell area as they have been floating around for a bit. Similarly people are trying to remake them right now in custom lengths I believe...
Thanks for the advice
1x MPS2240
1x MS2250
1x MS275 (gray)
1x MS2125 (gray)
Alpine 7990 f1 status
Alpine PXA H 900
Dynaudio mw 160
Dynaudio md 140/2
Dynaudio md100
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

not sure how you are mounting to show them. But if the amp(S) are under a coverboard just try and design it so that the board will cover the metal portions on the end so you do not see the line between them.
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

you could always try something like this http://durafix.com/ theres also 2 or 3 more companies with this same product

this shit is awesome we use it at work and it really works like they say, it would make for a real easy fix
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.