Cyclone question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
rollinalldays

Cyclone question

Post by rollinalldays »

Let's just start this by me saying I've never heard one in real life. I'm just wondering about the volume output. What would be comparable in volume as say... in a scenario of a cyclone on a zx500 wired at 8 ohms in a suggested size enclosure in a crew cab full size truck? What would this be compared to in size of woofer and power needed to sound the same?

Next question, can bass cubes be used on the cyclone? Are they even necessary our practical?

I know there are alot of variables that can considered in this, and i'm hoping someone one here can answer this without making the question sound ignorant or getting to technical....

Thank you, Darrell
davewaibel

Re: Cyclone question

Post by davewaibel »

I had 3 of them and got rid of them for output reasons/ back in the day they may have been something but not so much anymore- limited frequency and the mechanical clack if over driven- just not worth it unless you want one to have one
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

So I now have this new obsession of fixing the PG Cyclones. If there is anyone out there wanting to sell one message me. [email protected]
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

Here is a copy of an email that I just got from the new owner of PG. hope it helps out.
Attachments
image.jpg