Where to buy Phoenix Gold in Canada

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
RobertJr79

Where to buy Phoenix Gold in Canada

Post by RobertJr79 »

I'm will be picking a ti1000.2 and ti600.2 in a few weeks and will be looking for new subs and component speakers and I was wondering where I would buy them in Canada?. If I can't buy them in Canada what would be a good match for the t 1000.2 looking for 2 X 12" subs but may consider 15" also. For the ti600.2 I would also like to pick up 2 pairs of components speakers, one pair 6 or 6.5" and a 5 1/4" for the kicks. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

EDIT: What would I need for wattage on the subs? Would 500 to 600 watts each be enough? Also for the component could I get 2 4 ohms set and run them at 8 ohms off the ti600.2? Would that be a good thing to do?
Starunit10

Re: Where to buy Phoenix Gold in Canada

Post by Starunit10 »

Gentec international is the canadian dealer, Located in Markham, ONT. http://www.gentec-intl.com . Good luck with that.
Collection Growing..........
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

they sell to vision electronics in alberta and they ship? might help
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Kubie

Post by Kubie »

Last time I was in Visions they had only the new R-series amps and no speakers. I asked if I could order and all they did was try to steer me towards buying JL or Pioneer since they were in stock. It reminded me of the old International Stereo, pushy salesmen with no knowledge of their products. I am leaning more towards Zapco and Dynaudio for my Tundra since their is a couple good shops in Edmonton that are better to deal with.

Phoenix Gold needs to do a better job here, the old respose oh please contact Gentech for our product is not the way for a consumer. They are a distributor and don't care for the average joe buying some gear. This is 2012 the internet is here whether they like it or not.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Kubie wrote:Last time I was in Visions they had only the new R-series amps and no speakers. I asked if I could order and all they did was try to steer me towards buying JL or Pioneer since they were in stock. It reminded me of the old International Stereo, pushy salesmen with no knowledge of their products. I am leaning more towards Zapco and Dynaudio for my Tundra since their is a couple good shops in Edmonton that are better to deal with.

Phoenix Gold needs to do a better job here, the old respose oh please contact Gentech for our product is not the way for a consumer. They are a distributor and don't care for the average joe buying some gear. This is 2012 the internet is here whether they like it or not.
Agreed. I tried visions as well and I am in ont, got contact gentec.
holmis

Post by holmis »

All it takes is a look at their website to understand that they won`t do any extra or good for the PG brand...
Old School PG Fan/Collector & Jeep fanatic...
Madman in a nuclear mode!!
2x FAS, 3xReactor, MS275, MS2125, M25, M44, 2xMPS2240, ZX450, 3xZX350, 2xZX250, 8xPG Original Jacket, Box full of BassQube`s Xmax8,10,12, 2 sets of BostonAcoustics 6.5.3 + + +

My Buyer & Seller Ratings : http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15269
My CV Recone service: www.cerwinvega.multi2net.com
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

I gotta say direct sales through PG or a Canadian distributor is only way to get product you want.... even this seems like a hassle.
PG needs to wake up and do something about this. average Joe is not going to go thru the garbage to source PG. If you want something special from them you gotta dig for it....Stupid IMO
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
RobertJr79

Post by RobertJr79 »

WOW its that hard to get PG in Canada, when I did my Z24 back in 2002 everything was bought in Ottawa at Stereo Plus in Orleans. But they no longer deal in car audio only house. Maybe I'll consider other brands, I has looking at Focal on Sonic Electronix last night for components speakers. I think I may go with Focal then (sorry PG). Still not sure on the subs yet, any suggestion on subs?
Kubie

Post by Kubie »

12-14 years ago everyone carried Phoenix Gold. International Stereo, Certified Radio, AutoTemp, A&B Sound and others. When I was gettimg my remote start put in at Certified radio, they didn't even know Phoenix Gold was making a comeback. It was funny because on of their demo vehicles had all original Ti series amplifiers and speakers, and still sounded great. I don't know if gentec is going to the real shops to promote Phoenix Gold, or if shops don't want to associate with PG after the internet liquidation in the past.

All I know if Visions is the only one that carries PG, I will not purchase through them.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Kubie wrote:12-14 years ago everyone carried Phoenix Gold. International Stereo, Certified Radio, AutoTemp, A&B Sound and others. When I was gettimg my remote start put in at Certified radio, they didn't even know Phoenix Gold was making a comeback. It was funny because on of their demo vehicles had all original Ti series amplifiers and speakers, and still sounded great. I don't know if gentec is going to the real shops to promote Phoenix Gold, or if shops don't want to associate with PG after the internet liquidation in the past.

All I know if Visions is the only one that carries PG, I will not purchase through them.
The last stereo shop I inquired to about pg at I was laughed at, told they went out of business eight years ago! when I insisted they are back, the person was getting mad and yet to this day phoenix gold is advertised on their website.

Gentec has been distributing pg since 2010, and there is not one shop in Ontario that carries the brand. Ontario is the capital province with the largest population in Canada, and no one knows pg is trying to comeback!

Not the service I would want from a distributor if I was trying a revival.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Capital province? :lol:
RobertJr79

Post by RobertJr79 »

Well I have been searching the web the last couple of days for PG subs and haven't found anything and from everyones been saying I think I'll go for some thing else.

So I'm re-thinking up picking up the ti1000.2 and ti600.2, I have been thinking of up picking up Crescendo BC2000 or BC3500 for the subs and C1100.4 for the mids and highs, 2 or 3 pairs of PWX 6.5 for mids and 2 pairs FT1 super tweeters for highs and Sundown 2 or 4 subs all brand new. I would just buy every thing over the winter and just used what I have now till next summer.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

RobertJr79 wrote:Well I have been searching the web the last couple of days for PG subs and haven't found anything and from everyones been saying I think I'll go for some thing else.

So I'm re-thinking up picking up the ti1000.2 and ti600.2, I have been thinking of up picking up Crescendo BC2000 or BC3500 for the subs and C1100.4 for the mids and highs, 2 or 3 pairs of PWX 6.5 for mids and 2 pairs FT1 super tweeters for highs and Sundown 2 or 4 subs all brand new. I would just buy every thing over the winter and just used what I have now till next summer.
Crescendo is badass gear!!! go for it....
RobertJr79

Post by RobertJr79 »

Stryker wrote:
RobertJr79 wrote:Well I have been searching the web the last couple of days for PG subs and haven't found anything and from everyones been saying I think I'll go for some thing else.

Crescendo is badass gear!!! go for it....

Ya thats what I have been reading up in the last few days, I think I may go with the BC2000d and 2 15" or 4 12". I'm been reading up of Sundown and SSA subs.
RobertJr79

Post by RobertJr79 »

I looked into getting Crescendo amp and I think I'm going to wait to get them till I know for sure what kind a second car I'll be getting next summer. Its hard to found out what kind of electrical I would need to run with out knowing what car it will be going in.

So for now I'll be buying the ti1000.2, ti600.2 and the ti400.2, and that will be the mini van amps.

I was thinking of using the ti400.2 for tweeters, the ti600.2 for mids and the ti 1000.2 for subs. I'm be driving to Quebec at the end of the month to pick up the 3 amps, so I'll have till then for figure out what to use for subs. If I can't find any thing by then I'll just use the QX 12" that I have and run then at 4 ohms on 2 channel.

What do you guys think?
RobertJr79

Post by RobertJr79 »

RobertJr79 wrote:I looked into getting Crescendo amp and I think I'm going to wait to get them till I know for sure what kind a second car I'll be getting next summer. Its hard to found out what kind of electrical I would need to run with out knowing what car it will be going in. When I buy the second car I want to do Crescendo BC2000d X 2, Crescendo C1100.4, 4 X 15" SSA ICON, and maybe Focal for the mids and highs. But until then I'll work on the mini van.

So for now I'll be buying the ti1000.2, ti600.2 and the ti400.2, and that will be the mini van amps.

I was thinking of using the ti400.2 for tweeters, the ti600.2 for mids and the ti 1000.2 for subs. I'm be driving to Quebec at the end of the month to pick up the 3 amps, so I'll have till then for figure out what to use for subs. If I can't find any thing by then I'll just use the QX 12" that I have and run then at 4 ohms on 2 channel.

What do you guys think?
EDIT: sorry for the double post I wanted to hit edit but hit quote.