Need replacement amps to fit an install size, help needed

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

Ok so my dad's old old install back in the early 90s, looks great, and we don't want to mess with having someone re-do the trunk.

The problem is the gd 3558s in the car that work for 30 minutes at a time. One has been repaired 3 times. I had ONE of 3 that worked all the time, and now it wont power up either and Ive had it... They are 15.75" long and 9 inches wide. Heigth isnt of concern because the amp top panel is cut out to vent... but something that sticks up threw the top panel would be better than something super thin like a JL.

I dont want class D... Right now I found 3 amps that should fit almost perfect. They need to be 4 channels each (3 way setup running 7 channels)

PG ZX475Ti/TI500.4
Audison LRx 4.5
Arc Audio SE4100

Anyone heard any of the above compared to each other? Anyone have any advice for a BETTER amp that will fit my length and width requirements with 4 channels?

I dont want it to sound WORSE than my 3558s, but if it sounded similar, any of these amps will have a lot more balls... Any advice would be great. I want PG Elites or Audison Quattros, but they wont fit in the damn install and I dont want to spend 1-2 grand re-doing it all... Just want to buy some amps and install them in my garage in a few hours. :clap:
FAS#73 & AX406A#73/Frank'd EQ230
BNIB MS2250 w/ shroud, 2 MS2250TAs, MS275, MQ430
2 Ti1200.1s, 2 ZX475Tis, Ti500.4, DD10, 6 Powercores
5 Orion 2100, 1 250 - HCCA Digital Ref. v2
6 Alpine 3558 Class A's - for sale
Alpine DigiMax system complete for sale
Starunit10

Re: Need replacement amps to fit an install size, help neede

Post by Starunit10 »

your going to spend 5 g's on a amp or a couple at 5 g's a piece, and worried about 1-2 more on install design ?

I Think you are answering your own question's. Buy the elite's cause in your word's " they are cheap ", save the money and spend it on the installing your new "cheap" amps.

Problem solved. :clap:
Collection Growing..........
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

Starunit10 wrote:your going to spend 5 g's on a amp or a couple at 5 g's a piece, and worried about 1-2 more on install design ?

I Think you are answering your own question's. Buy the elite's cause in your word's " they are cheap ", save the money and spend it on the installing your new "cheap" amps.

Problem solved. :clap:
Yes and no. The install is bad ass, and I dont want the car sitting at ANY shop with dust and people pushing it etc etc... Its black and has old paint so there isnt much left to detail without going to primer (according to my detailer).

AND Eric says they weigh like 20+ lbs each... dont want to add 45-50 lbs to the trunk in a Porsche. :doh:

Nice sarcasm, you were laying it on pretty thick. :lol:
FAS#73 & AX406A#73/Frank'd EQ230
BNIB MS2250 w/ shroud, 2 MS2250TAs, MS275, MQ430
2 Ti1200.1s, 2 ZX475Tis, Ti500.4, DD10, 6 Powercores
5 Orion 2100, 1 250 - HCCA Digital Ref. v2
6 Alpine 3558 Class A's - for sale
Alpine DigiMax system complete for sale
00goobs

Post by 00goobs »

TI 500.4 and 2 TI 600.2 are all the same size and should power 7 channels nicely. For a custom install, powdercoating them wrinkle black would look awesome...

As for SQ among the 3 you've mentioned, I've only heard PG TI, so I am of no help... I do have the TI amps you may want though...

Hello from my IPad!
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I can weigh one when I get a chance.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...