mixed subs?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
tattooemil

mixed subs?

Post by tattooemil »

anyone ever played with mixed subs?

the reason is...i got 2 * xmax 12 in my van now, but have been offered an elite titanium 12" ......should i

a. replace my 2 xmax with this elite

b. install my third xmax i have in storage

c. install the elite along with my 2 xmax

d. install all 3 xmax along with the elite :twisted:
ms 2125
zx475ti x2
zx600ti x3
zx1000.2ti
eq232(yellow)
eq215
ax406
zpx2
pld1
12" xmax x3
boston 8,4lf x2
LowandLoud

Re: mixed subs?

Post by LowandLoud »

A van you say? Put it all in, lol.

If the 3rd Xmax is a 12", it shouldnt mess with anything. Also, as long as the Elite is in its own enclosure, i dont see a problem. The one thing i see might be an issue is since the Elite will have more output, it should be centered in the van. The Xmax should flank or surround the Elite. Building a new box would be a necessity.

Sounds like as long as you give everything enough power, it should hit pretty hard. Good luck!

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

ever wonder why you never see it done? Would you put a snow tire on one side of that van with a racing slick on the other? They are both round and roll right?! Sure if you HAD too ya could but it would not be ideal as a tire is not a tire is not a tire. Kind of a similar situation here.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

It works great ..... If they are only handling different frequencies so no shared frequencies between the two sizes it is having subs and midbass or subs and mids and tweets. In this case you got subs and extra deep subs kind like how people have done with the cyclones and 10s or 12s. If was me, I would just pick one set and run with it. Put the other set in your other car, or on your shelf for later, or in the classifieds.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I will be running the old elite 3 ways in my new build with 9"s in the doors and 10"s in the rear. The 10s will go up to 50-60hz and the 9s will go from 50-150. When you get speakers that are not matched playing the same freqs, some will be louder and some will get cancelled. By matched I do not mean they have to be the same size but make/model/size. The subs you have are not really in the same relm of woofers with the Ti being more for spl and the xmax being more of an all around sub. They will perform different even being the same size and brand so some freqs would be louder, some would be softer.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.