Morel subs

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Drock

Morel subs

Post by Drock »

I'm wondering if anyone has used or has any input on Morel ultimo 124 subs. As I am having a very difficult time getting some elite 12's, I have an opportunity to grab four of these Morel subs for a good deal. These are not spl subs by any means but I'm guessing the sq would be outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Kirghiz

Re: Morel subs

Post by Kirghiz »

I have read some great things about them as far as SQ, and Morel has a great pedigree for SQ. I thought about them for my SQ install, but the price is a real killer. I tend to think there are subs that are close to that quality for half the price, but if you're getting a good deal (say half price) I'd say go for it.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Drock

Morel subs

Post by Drock »

I can get them for $600 each. The only place I could find a price on them was woofertec for $850ea. But buy the time I get them shipped here I'm looking a over a grand ea. I was looking at digital designs 3512's but they are $600 as well. So I can't decide which way to go. I'd love to have the new elites but I don't know how they compare to the dd's or the morels. And they are it seems impossible to get.
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

2 opposite decisions there derrick, the dd are an awesome sub, the morels are an accurate sub... if you want a 2x4 to slap you upside your skull, then go for 4 of the dd's
Drock

Morel subs

Post by Drock »

Thanks for the subtle input Dave. Lol. I've decided to go with the four dd12's since I already have three of them and I can get the fourth one for $300. I'm just a bit disappointed because they are the only thing in my install that's not pg.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Drock wrote:Thanks for the subtle input Dave. Lol. I've decided to go with the four dd12's since I already have three of them and I can get the fourth one for $300. I'm just a bit disappointed because they are the only thing in my install that's not pg.
I'd say thats a sacrifice worth making......
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

ya i heard coery set up and a suv with the morels. i have to say for what you are after you will be happier with the dd speakers. but why you will need 4 in your turck will just be crazy
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

You Will need a blow through.....
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
Drock

Morel subs

Post by Drock »

Lol guys. It's not like I plan on cruising the neighborhood with the truck rattling away. I like my bass a lot. But I'm going more for what I can do with all this gear. Four drivers just look bad ass installed together. ( and its there if I want it ). My goal is to show all the equipment not hide it.
RobertJr79

Post by RobertJr79 »

Stryker wrote:You Will need a blow through.....
X2 lets see a nice blow through in you truck.
Drock

Morel subs

Post by Drock »

Stupid question, so if I decide to go with a blow through install, what is the rubber gasket or seal from the cab to the box called? And where can I get some of it?
RobertJr79

Post by RobertJr79 »

Drock wrote:Stupid question, so if I decide to go with a blow through install, what is the rubber gasket or seal from the cab to the box called? And where can I get some of it?

You will need a accordion boot try your local RV/Truck Camper place.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

^ X2 Accordian gasket is what you are after. An RV shop/ trailer sales and service joint will have the best prices on it. The last time i bought it, was $10/ft. That was over a decade ago though.

I am right with you on packing in as much gear as possible. Not even for rattling the neighborhood, i am doing it more for shock value and the "Holy shit! Look at that!" expressions on peoples faces at shows. :D

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces