ZX500 Green light flash.

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
jammin

ZX500 Green light flash.

Post by jammin »

I have just changed the leakey caps on a phoenix gold zx500 and the green power light is flashing. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen or has a idea to point me in the right way thanks.
Audio control 3.1, EQX II, MPS-2500 x2, PPI A404 x3, The rest is top secret.

Sponcered by http://www.hiscarparts.com
brinrose

Re: ZX500 Green light flash.

Post by brinrose »

yea make sure u did not put 1 in backwards ,all screws were put back in and are tight and all insulators are on correctly
brinrose

Post by brinrose »

if they actually leaked then u can have more problems that could of been caused from caps leaking
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I had this happen once on a PG amp which all the vias were damaged to the point none of the caps made electrical contact with the board. On a ZX500 there are 6 caps, so chances are at least one is making contact, and the amp only needs one to power on.

One way to verify if this is an issue is to take a new cap and install it across the power leads with the power wires going to the amp. If the amp works fine with a cap in there, then none of your 6 caps are properly installed.

You would know if they were backwards, as they would vent badly, or worse case explode.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
jammin

Post by jammin »

Everything looks good and I tried a cap across the power leads like eric sayed and it still flashes. This is not my first cap job. The caps did leak and some the gold on the top of the board is flaked next to the caps when I cleaned it up but nothing is burt by my eyes. The amp was working when I pulled it out to change the caps. Any other ideas thanks?
Audio control 3.1, EQX II, MPS-2500 x2, PPI A404 x3, The rest is top secret.

Sponcered by http://www.hiscarparts.com
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

jammin wrote:Everything looks good and I tried a cap across the power leads like eric sayed and it still flashes. This is not my first cap job. The caps did leak and some the gold on the top of the board is flaked next to the caps when I cleaned it up but nothing is burt by my eyes. The amp was working when I pulled it out to change the caps. Any other ideas thanks?
If you think you maybe damaged a gold trace during cleaning and changing caps, why don't you just check conductivity between the points ??

Same with the caps. you can check conductivity of the via's before you power it up !! then you are sure.....

U can do this with a dmm.....