Phoenix Gold Ryval V754

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Qken84

Phoenix Gold Ryval V754

Post by Qken84 »

How good is the Ryval V754 4 channel amp? Anyone have one? or heard one? The specs look good to me....but i know PG amps are not made the way they were back in the day.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Phoenix Gold Ryval V754

Post by ttocs »

they are ok but for the most part most of us refuse to admit that they are an actual PG product. Good amp, yes, great amp - eh I would go with their newer line, or even some of their older lines before I went into ryval.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
El-Akeem

Post by El-Akeem »

Search trough the forum and you will find some comments from the PG team, that developed the Ryval line. Actually, the quality is pretty good. Please always keep in mind, that the Ryval products had to meet entry level price points and so don't compare it with older PG products, that originally cost minimum twice the price.

The only disadvantage are the very simple crossover feature, for example only a swichtable highpass at 100 Hz.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

they are just fine. nothing special, but make their power ratings and do so pretty cleanly. the are actually VERY comparable to the old XS lines. they are like the honda accord of amps :)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

A quick google search found them for sale NIB on a popular site for $150. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better amp for that money. One could get three of them for $450 and have 75x4 rms on the highs, and use a pair of 4 ohm DVC subs, and see 500 watts rms a piece on them. That's pretty good for the money, as long as you understand that it's a $150 amp.

Also, I might add that the new Phoenix Gold stuff probably is as good as the classic Phoenix Gold stuff, but that Ryval series is from the period in between the classic stuff and the new stuff, so it isn't as good as either. It's kind of like the crazy step child no one wants to acknowledge exists.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.