anyone ever seen these before?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

anyone ever seen these before?

Post by ttocs »

never saw these before but they looked like nice connectors so I got them to use on my componants up front. Anyone else ever seen them before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... OC:US:3160
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Re: anyone ever seen these before?

Post by Bfowler »

i havnt seen those ones before. although i saw some similar with hard pin type end instead of a braid. if they ARE similar, be very careful with the crimp ends. mine snapped and crumbled as i crimped making them useless :(
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I don't think the ends are for crimping. They remind me of the old bullet connectors, only gold and with a tinsel lead on the other side? I don't even recall seeing them in the product guide pamphlets and I went over those in person back when and on here digitally and don't recognize them. Migh thave to take another tour through if no one has an idea. Not really sure what they are fer but I bet I can find a use fer em!

Be willing to make a perty cool PG RCA end keychain for the person that figures it out. I have a bunch of the black chrome/gold style left over as well as the older gold style(but scratched up) that I can solder a nice blue loop of wire on. Will be makin one fer myself as well with the other.
PhuckinGood

Post by PhuckinGood »

I spotted them on the bay and also didnt have a scooby how you would use those!? Keychain sounds cool though 8)
Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am not sure if they are just some fancy speaker connectors or what really. The tinsel leads had my interest peaked so I got em.

I need to make one of the key chains I am talkin about to show ya. I just got out of the hospital this afternoon though so I am just takin it easy for now.
PhuckinGood

Post by PhuckinGood »

ttocs wrote:I am not sure if they are just some fancy speaker connectors or what really. The tinsel leads had my interest peaked so I got em.

I need to make one of the key chains I am talkin about to show ya. I just got out of the hospital this afternoon though so I am just takin it easy for now.
Ahhh that sucks, sorry to hear you got ill again, chin up mate.
Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I got them today. The back lists them as A406 pkg 2pr 24kt gold flesi-cn pins f/push trmls 8-14awg.

The top like I said reminds me of a bullit connector. I would think its just an flexible/easy to remove connector if they were covered to keep from shorting but otherwise Iam still not sure what these are for...
W-Pin

Post by W-Pin »

I saw those on ebay. I believe that they are used for connecting speaker wires into spring loaded push terminals like the ones used on some prefab speaker boxes. Crimp the speaker wires onto one end, slide the boot over the crimp connection and insert the braided end into the push terminal. Nice Find!
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

Does a banana plug into the round end by chance?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

a banana plug would be a nice fit in the end. Springloaded clips, never thought about that...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

dug through the old literature and found them in here about 7-8 pages down. There are a bunch of random connectors in a circle and these are #9 in the list for guillotine style speaker connectors.

http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic. ... 2&start=50

Good call on that will have to make that keychain now.