Ti amp questions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
NappyFro

Ti amp questions

Post by NappyFro »

So im in the market for buying new power/ground wire for my new amps. I have two ti800.4 and one ti2500.1(as of now)

My questions are:

For the first 800.4 would probably be running a set of elite 6.5. Tweets off the fronts and the midrange off the rear channels. What size guage wire would i need for this amp? Im kinda thinking 8 guage, or would it be better to run 4 guage?

The other ti800.4 would be running a pair of r3 10s at 2 ohms. Im guessing i should diffently run 4 guage. Or runmy ti6cs off the front channels(instead of running them off deck power)and running the 10s offthe rear channels

Ill be installing an audison bit1 also for the 800.4s

For the ti2500.1 would be at 2ohms pushing an elite 12d, could i get away with 4 guage wire, or would i diffently need 1/0 guage? I might also get another ti2500.1 and strapping the two together, and ill have a basscube hooked up

Thanks in advance. Im just trying to get this new stereo stuff installed soon...
Jvc KD-A95BT headunit
Audison bit1
PG Elite65cs in the front doors
PG ti6cs in rear doors
pair of PG ti10d2 for midbass
Elite12d4 for sub
PG basscube with remote
Ti800.4 X2
Ti2500.1
high end Stinger power/ground, speaker wire
and a few other goodies from PAC and Stinger
vladthebad

Re: Ti amp questions

Post by vladthebad »

Run 0 to the back, short runs of 4 gauge to all the amps. If you get a second 2500.1 you'll surely need an extra extra beefy alt, big three up front in 0 gauge, and two runs of 0 to the back, and most likely an extra battery in the back. I'd run 0 gauge big 3, an extra battery and 0 front to back with what you've got now, two runs of 0 if you've got a long car.... I've got 0 in a del sol for two 900.7s and soon to be an 800.1 (soon as I get some things figured out and some rust patched)
NappyFro

Post by NappyFro »

Ok so it would be wise to run two runs of ot to the back than split one run between the 800.4s and have a solo ot guage for the 2500.1. And possibly another run of ot gauge if i add a 2nd 2500.1...cool thanks for the reply, this will also settle any cravings i might have into adding a ti600.4 to the mix

As far as the big three, Extra battery and alt is already on the list of goodies, along with upgrading the oem battery also...sorry for not mentioning that
Jvc KD-A95BT headunit
Audison bit1
PG Elite65cs in the front doors
PG ti6cs in rear doors
pair of PG ti10d2 for midbass
Elite12d4 for sub
PG basscube with remote
Ti800.4 X2
Ti2500.1
high end Stinger power/ground, speaker wire
and a few other goodies from PAC and Stinger
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

Don't split em. Run both 0s from front battery to rear battery, with fuses on each end, close to each battery. Other option is battery, fuses, long run, big fused distro block, with another run to other battery, and draw amp power from the distro block. I am unsure why no one has come out with a super-pimp battery terminal distro with multiple 0 gauges with separate fusing... Maybe someday ill draw one up and have it cnc'd out...