Sound board.

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Drock

Sound board.

Post by Drock »

Most of you know I have a lot of ti gear. The purpose was to build a ti display/sound board in my new garage. Now that I'm looking at this I'm don't know what to do.
Looking for ideas.
I am a carpenter so I'm not afraid to go crazy.
Shoot me any ideas and ill pick from there.
Drock

Re: Sound board.

Post by Drock »

Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Sell me that license plate frame and it would be one less thing to worry about. :D
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Very nice like normal overkill for a sound board. What speaker and subs are to be used
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

^^^^ x2 ...it's all based on how intricate and loud ya wanna go bud. :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

I like the ti idea! Could get a kool design happening, but agreed, ^^ put more gear on the table ! Speakers, head unit, and whatever else your gonna set aside for this. Then we can help you build a sweet board!
Collection Growing..........
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Gotta come up with an idea that accents the shape of the ti's.................Very nice pic btw, Drock ! lol
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

....and yet, no one is saying anything about the two Elites he has on the table. LOL
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

there his extra elite 2channels and the onyx x200.4 he picked up from me last night
2020 honda accord sport
Drock

Post by Drock »

Will be using ti10s for subs and ti5 , ti6 comps and hopefully if I can find a set of mint ti9's
( I have 8 sets of ti6 ) so 1 can do pretty much anything. I do not have a head unit yet as I have no idea what to get. I would like a nice hi end h/u but with a ton of features. And nice display.
I have pairs of all those amps.
I am working on a deal for a board switching controller. So I should be able to switch up any items on the board
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

^^^^ How crazy do ya wanna go???? :hmm: Are you lookin' to build something small, huge, fuckin' insane or what? :twisted: Just remember you have to power all that stuff :doh: , so you'll be lookin' at another power supply along with a good battery ...or two, all depends on which route ya go and how many blocks away ya wanna hear it. :metal:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Starunit10 wrote:Gotta come up with an idea that accents the shape of the ti's.................Very nice pic btw, Drock ! lol

He could make a huge PG surfboard shape for the panel in which to mount the stuff and do the same with a piece of plexi with the PG logo cut out over the top of the gear using spacers / stand-offs to make the plexi look like it's floating and add some accent lighting (blue or purple would be cool). :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Drock

Post by Drock »

Nice.
I have three yellow top optimas and three kinetic 80amp power supplies. I also wired the supplies to dedicated wall plugs. Each has its own run directly to the electrical panel. I put in a 200 amp service to garage. So power is not an issue.
Also like I mentioned I'm trying to grab a switching board. So just like in a store I can display all the gear but not all gear will run at the same time.
And yes I'm dedicating a wall to this. So need lots of lights. Lol
And yes Brian, I have access to CNC so I will be covering with lots of plexy.
People spend lots doing home theater rooms, sports rooms, whatever. But I hang out in my garage 50% of the day. And I'd rather look at a wall of the coolest looking pg gear than a bunch of junk. Besides it makes me remember all the cool shit I did way back when.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

hey don't knock the theater room ..lol it will be great you have more gear than allot of the hoarders. have you talked with Tom at ara about a switching unit?
2020 honda accord sport
Drock

Post by Drock »

No but that's a good idea. Thanks.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Drock wrote:Nice.
I have three yellow top optimas and three kinetic 80amp power supplies. I also wired the supplies to dedicated wall plugs. Each has its own run directly to the electrical panel. I put in a 200 amp service to garage. So power is not an issue.
Also like I mentioned I'm trying to grab a switching board. So just like in a store I can display all the gear but not all gear will run at the same time.
And yes I'm dedicating a wall to this. So need lots of lights. Lol
And yes Brian, I have access to CNC so I will be covering with lots of plexy.
People spend lots doing home theater rooms, sports rooms, whatever. But I hang out in my garage 50% of the day. And I'd rather look at a wall of the coolest looking pg gear than a bunch of junk. Besides it makes me remember all the cool shit I did way back when.

Sweeeeet ...I was thinking 1 sheet of plexi with the PG logo cut into it at the center as well as cut-outs for the gear ur gonna use to make it look like a flush / semi-flush install ...but if ur gonna cover an entire wall ...Hmmmmmm?
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Drock wrote: People spend lots doing home theater rooms, sports rooms, whatever. But I hang out in my garage 50% of the day. And I'd rather look at a wall of the coolest looking pg gear than a bunch of junk.
People have criticized me for how much I have spent on various "nonsensical things" in the past, like computers, games, nowadays car audio......and I always tell them this. A fisherman will spend $15,000 on a bass boat, rods, tackle, and what have you. A Hunter will spend untold amount of money on guns, ammunition, blinds, stands, special clothes, and everything you need to hunt. A motorcycle enthusiast will spend a bunch of money on a bike, clothes, helmets, insurance, and things to enjoy their bike. Even a golfer will spend a lot on clubs, balls, greens fees, and all of that. It doesn't matter what your hobby is so long as you get as much out of it as you put in, and it doesn't matter if other people understand it.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Kirghiz wrote:
Drock wrote: People spend lots doing home theater rooms, sports rooms, whatever. But I hang out in my garage 50% of the day. And I'd rather look at a wall of the coolest looking pg gear than a bunch of junk.
People have criticized me for how much I have spent on various "nonsensical things" in the past, like computers, games, nowadays car audio......and I always tell them this. A fisherman will spend $15,000 on a bass boat, rods, tackle, and what have you. A Hunter will spend untold amount of money on guns, ammunition, blinds, stands, special clothes, and everything you need to hunt. A motorcycle enthusiast will spend a bunch of money on a bike, clothes, helmets, insurance, and things to enjoy their bike. Even a golfer will spend a lot on clubs, balls, greens fees, and all of that. It doesn't matter what your hobby is so long as you get as much out of it as you put in, and it doesn't matter if other people understand it.

Well said Kirghiz

I too have been criticized for spending so much time and money on my Toyota. Even today, my fiance stated "you spend more time with that truck than you do with me". Its what i love to do. I dont play video games, or fish or golf. I like to have a nice looking truck that is unlike anything else on the road. It could be alot worse, we could be out selling dope or robbing people. I think wanting a top notch stereo is pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Drock

Post by Drock »

And thank god for all the great gear available now at good prices. There's no way when I was in my early 20's I could afford to put $10-$15k into a vehicle. And I'm at a point in my life now that I have the time money and patience to do it right. And enjoy.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

This is what poped into my mind, take your ti amp and turn it upside down like so
upside down.jpg
That could be the basic shape, then
ti mock.jpg
Add stuff as you feel, basicaly the sound board could be the shape of the amp.

Size is up to you, you could do a couple of differnt setups using the switchn panel ie: seald and vented subs. vents would be needed to cool the power pieces inside( using that mesh looking pg piece!

Just an idea. take it and run or toss it, I think it would be kick ass ! the biggest ti amp for sure ever!

sorry, not much of an artist.

Not exactaly how speakers would sound at that angle, but if its in the middle of the room against a wall it should fill it with sound.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Nice idea. I like it.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

How big is the wall you're planning to use?
Drock

Post by Drock »

9'x18'
Drock

Post by Drock »

9'x18'
zztunnell

Post by zztunnell »

What about 2 of those 'big amps' 6ft wide.4ft for center 1ft angled panel on each side.separated by a 6ft flat panel for a total of 18ft.the mids could be mounted on the inner 2 angled panels. That would give 6ft or so of separation on the left and right mids.
Attachments
013.jpg
013.jpg (200.32 KiB) Viewed 7533 times