Sound board.

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
yeddy

Re: Sound board.

Post by yeddy »

Hey Drock, you ever see my 7.1 board? I posted it quite a while back. I'll be doing an update soon too, I gotta whole load of more stuff to add to mine, I just can't decide what to use...
Drock

Post by Drock »

No I have not seen it. Where can I find it?
Drock

Post by Drock »

I was poking around in the garage yesterday, and decided to hookup a quick system to listen to. I put two ti10d4's in a sealed box and mounted a tantrum bass cube and the custom RSD1200.1 I did up awhile back. That amp looks pretty sweet at night lit up. Handles pretty nice in the garage. I love the ti subs. Doesn't matter what I throw at them, they always sound great. Just over 700rms at 4ohms.
Last edited by Drock on Tue May 28, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Seanram

Post by Seanram »

After reading I got new energy to start my home audio project back up.
The gear I wanted to use at the time was:
TI 1200.1 Powering 2 xenon 12".
2 TI200.2 Powering 2 sets Xenon 6.5 comp. (each amp wil power 1 pair of comp).
Basscube for the TI1200.1.

This will be powered bij a Philips PS 100A.
I'm thinking of desinging my own pre amp, I would like to make one verry small that is compatible different input and can generate a 8V signal.

I'll try to add a simple sketsch of the setup maybe you could use it as a lead for your build.
Good luck with all the wonderfull gear you have!
Seanram

Post by Seanram »

this is the setup idea.
the amps will have a center position (it will actually look like a amp christmass tree).
Seanram

Post by Seanram »

setup
Attachments
untitled3.JPG
Seanram

Post by Seanram »

sidevieuw of the amprack.
Attachments
untitled4.JPG
Drock

Post by Drock »

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that would be willing to draw up some enclosure designs for
Single ti6
Single ti9
Single ti10d4
I'm mostly looking for actual optimal space that I need. Ported or sealed. Whatever will perform the best. I will be building the enclosures to fit into my shop walls.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Desperately seeking a pair of good three way passive crossovers.
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

I have a really nice pair of musicomp mbquart 3way crossovers......
Drock

Post by Drock »

Great, thanks Dave. Let me know how much and ill send total for everything.
I put the ti9's in the speakers for the shop today and just about shit. They were popping so bad I thought they were blown. So I pulled them out of the box and tried them again just in my hand to figure out what was wrong. It was the wire that goes from the terminal to the coil. It was so loose that it was bouncing against the cone. Bent the terminal tabs a bit to tighten the slack and now all is perfect. All I need for them now is the three way crossover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

when i ran car audio at A&B sound down town we had a simple sound board. mdf made with 2 15" jl in a bandpass box as the base about 40" wide 20 tall. plexi window so kid could kick it. the middle housed the amps(ppi pc amp first gen) and head unit (alpine 7949) about 20 inched wide and 40inches tall than mounted to the side was a 3 way set of mb quart the 8" had there one box the 51/4" sat on top in a smaller box and the tweeter had a small box on top this was only about 18 tall not being much higher than the middle with a jl logo at the very top. all sprayed with the old jl color white pink blue paint routed edges. the power supply was on the back on top of the sub box.
I could shake the whole store with that set up and had to let the till girl know when we were going to turn it up as they could talk to customer when it was on. the girl were so happy the day i sold the subs in the box...lol
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Any progress on this project?
Collection Growing..........
Drock

Post by Drock »

Hey guys, no progress. I started back to work a couple months back after taking a year off. Been working about 14 hrs a day. Been to tired to even log in to the forum to see what's happening. 6 more weeks then I'm off again for the winter. Then back to getting some projects done. Trying to fit a couple projects for Mike too. Still need some items for the collection. But need to clear up a couple deals that are overdue.
Ill be sure to post some pics as soon as I can though.
Just about finished the landscaping of the backyard. Then I'll finish the shop. Then the truck. Man that's a list in its self.
zztunnell

Post by zztunnell »

In my world the list never stops growing,even when I complete stuff on the list,lol.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Drock wrote:Hey guys, no progress. I started back to work a couple months back after taking a year off. Been working about 14 hrs a day. Been to tired to even log in to the forum to see what's happening. 6 more weeks then I'm off again for the winter. Then back to getting some projects done. Trying to fit a couple projects for Mike too. Still need some items for the collection. But need to clear up a couple deals that are overdue.
Ill be sure to post some pics as soon as I can though.
Just about finished the landscaping of the backyard. Then I'll finish the shop. Then the truck. Man that's a list in its self.

thanks again on my end
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport