im pulling whats left of my hair out

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
todd217

im pulling whats left of my hair out

Post by todd217 »

ok after a year i got a round to getting some stuff in my mustang that i got last year. i have a dynaudio system 222 up front powered by the zx500 half of my zx950 and 2 kicker xpl12s by the zx450 half bridged. i had planned on going 3 way up front with a set of dynaudio mw170 in the factory 8 enclosures in the doors. im kicking myself for selling my ms1000 again as i fell other than its length its what i need. i just feel like i had a metric ton of headroom with the ms1000 running comps and now i still have a lot but that holy shit feeling is gone. i thought about running the subs or a separate amp and just ditching the 3 way plan because i love the snap and midbass i get out of the comps now just not the amount of headroom. sorry for the long post it was fueledc by jim beam
GlasSman

Re: im pulling whats left of my hair out

Post by GlasSman »

If you step up to a three way set up front you'll have more power to your mids/tweets.

Adding a set of 8" midbass drivers up front will bring you smiles if dome right and with enough power to your mid/tweeter array you should have plenty of headroom if the power is there.
////Alpine/PhoenixGold/MBQuart/ImageDynamics/Soundstream
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

How about bridging the comps on the zx450, and bridging the subs on the zx500? That will solve your headroom problem for sure...
todd217

Post by todd217 »

i swapped them and with a quick listen it seemed a little better. im going to try it out for a few days and go from there.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

stipud wrote:How about bridging the comps on the zx450, and bridging the subs on the zx500?
I was thinking the same thing. Or go 3 way up front and add another ZX500 for the subs.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces