SQ Subs

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
zeropoint0.5

Re: SQ Subs

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

Bchester6 wrote:
Eric D wrote:Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 is a great SQ subwoofer. Everything about their design is SQ oriented, and they still have plenty of output which satisfies the bass heads out there.

Boston Acoustics Pro 10.5 is a great choice, but they are pretty rare to find for sale. I use one in my current vehicle and really like it.
Boston Pro 10.5 LF would also be my choice as well. Hard to beat in the SQ department. Hard to find but not impossible
and next to that, if you wanna go oldskool, the boston pro 10.4lf and 12.4lf....

I had two 12.4lf for 10 years in my former car. both vented recommanded enclosure....awesome sound.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I still got them at home in the Original boxes.....
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

kg1961 wrote:here is a 10.8 on ebay cheap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boston-Acoustic ... 232c55bdb6
I could be wrong, but I think the 10.8 is 8 ohm. If so, you would need a lot bigger amp just to get it moving.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

Eric D wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think the 10.8 is 8 ohm. If so, you would need a lot bigger amp just to get it moving.
Yes it is 8 ohm....unfortunatly it is not a pair for sale.......but to be brutally honest.....in the jl audio gamma

you will find probably a much better replacement with the same sound/much more output......
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

zeropoint0.5 wrote:
Eric D wrote:
Yes it is 8 ohm....unfortunatly it is not a pair for sale.......but to be brutally honest.....in the jl audio gamma

you will find probably a much better replacement with the same sound/much more output......
Not for $60 :lol:

But yeah, they only take about 250 watts rms. If you had four of the 8 ohm drivers running at 2 ohm you'd have something though.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
iroller

Post by iroller »

After 500 different posts on subs the two on top are the Morel's and Dynaudio
Bchester6

Post by Bchester6 »

Eric D wrote:
I believe the sens. rating is 98db so they move when any power is supplied. I ran 2 on with 200 watts each and it was more sound than I knew what to do with.
iroller

Post by iroller »

never heard of sens before ?
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

My point is a bit different.

Say you have a 75W x 2 amplifier. This would be 300W x 1 mono into 4 ohms. Into 8 ohms it would be 150W.

150W is not a lot of power for your investment in an amplifier.

Also, a single 10 with only 150W might sound good, but I doubt it would be loud enough for many people.

I have a single Boston 10.5LF in my current vehicle, and I have around 500W RMS to it. It is just right for me, but I am not a bass head, and I don't play it very loud. I get more comments about how quiet my system is than I do about how great it sounds.

A 10 with 500W or a pair of 10s with 300W would be a lot better than one 10 with 150W.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
capitolj80

Post by capitolj80 »

Hey lets not all forget about the RSD's! Those things are super smooth.
what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

capitolj80 wrote:Hey lets not all forget about the RSD's! Those things are super smooth.
While they may sound good, the subs mentioned so far (Morel, Dynaudio, Focal, ID) are on a whole other level. I like my Ti2's, which are very similar, but I know they aren't in the same class.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.