I was given a XMAX 10 for free today! :)

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Haakon

I was given a XMAX 10 for free today! :)

Post by Haakon »

as topic says :)

A friend called me up asking if I had any subs for sale, and the only one I have and don't use now is a Soundstream SPL160. But he wanted something smaller, like a 10". Told him that I could help get him a new one at least. Drove out to his workplace (slow day there, and it is just by my workshop), to check out his new car and find out what he should put in it.

Another buddy was there, and he said that he had a couple of boxes with some Phoenix Gold 10s in them that took up space in his toolshed. He asked if he should go get them, and sure enough it was a pair of XMAX 10s in good condition He was just pleased to get rid of them, so we each got one for free Not what I had expected when I drove out there to help him choose a sub, hehe..

It sits in a terrible looking chipboard box, is missing the trim around the mounting flange and is sikaflexed to the box.. but looks in great condition othervise :)

Good day :)
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: I was given a XMAX 10 for free today! :)

Post by kg1961 »

:clap: nice!!!
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Definitely one of my favorite subs for rock/metal. I like them a lot more than the Xmax 12's. A bit quiet on their own, but two of them on 500w are excellent!
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

I could probably get hold of the other one if I had something to swap it with, it's almost too bad to split up a pair after 15+ years.. But I have no actual use for it/them at the moment..

I demoed my own car to my buddy who got the other one.. I have 4x Focal Utopia 13WS 5" subs myself. He was pretty interested in them as well until he heard that they retail for over $2000 for the four of them :p
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

A very good day! :)

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces