CD Changers

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Kirghiz

CD Changers

Post by Kirghiz »

I have recently come to the conclusion that I dislike the sound of MP3's. I popped a CD in today and played songs I also have on my ipod, and it was like the heavens opened up and showed me my sins. I also dislike changing CD's every ten minutes, which was why I switched to the ipod in the first place. What I am looking for is a cd changer that is currently in production, not old school, and I would like at least a 12 disc, but more capacity is better. DVD and Video capability is a plus, but not necessary. The biggest I can find is a six disc that Pioneer makes.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... ers/XDV-P6

Any suggestions?
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Kirghiz

Re: CD Changers

Post by Kirghiz »

On a side note, since that 6 disc changer has DVD capability, and you can burn audio files to a DVD, reckon you could copy CD's to a DVD, taking advantage of the larger disc capacity of the DVD? Has anyone tried that?
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Clarion made a nice unit I have two love th
Its a vcz 625 optical out stand alone
Plays burn movie and cd so its great
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

There is nothing on Clarion's website about it. The only place I found one was on a car audio scratch and dent closeout site. :?

For the record, Pioneer makes the one linked in the OP, JVC and Clarion have none listed, Woofersetc offers nothing, and Sonic Electronix has only Audiobahn cd changers. Finding a new high quality car CD changer is about like trying to find a betamax player.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

It a 2003-2005 model sorry its old but the best I have ever had love the.optical out if needed and to video outs help
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Have you considered ripping your CD's to a lossless format (ALAC for the iPod), installing them on your iPod and then using a headunit that bypasses the iPod's DAC's? It may be more convenient than purchasing a CD changer and still having to shuffle CD's around.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I agree. A 64gb thumb drive with lossless encoding is far more convenient than a CD changer (unless there are literally only 6-12 albums you listen to). Lossless = CD quality, around 300mb per album... so with a 64gb drive (the size of the tip of your pinky), you can store over 200 albums.
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

alpine cha-634....best with a 2m ai net cable...........way better signal to noise ratio then a 5m cable.......
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I have a 32GB IPod under my Christmas tree right now, and I am planning on loading it with lossless tracks to see how it does. The ipod connects to the HU via usb, and the HU basically takes over full control of the iPod when it's connected, but I don't know if it's bypassing the DAC's or not. The head unit is a Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS. I'll have to read up on its features I guess.