Elite.65cs versus HAT Imagine

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: Elite.65cs versus HAT Imagine

Post by kg1961 »

sunshinefc3s wrote:
keep_hope_alive wrote:I've compared the Imagine and Clarus (shipped to me directly from Scotty B. for evaluation) and put them up against the likes of Hertz, Alpine, JL, Rockford, and a few others. Neither the Clarus or Imagine were that impressive to me, so I didn't want them for myself. Besides evaluation in sound boards, i've build enclosures and installed in tuned vehicles for evaluation. The Clarus sounded better in my living room then they did in a car or sound board.

I've installed the Imagine in a few cars as well. They aren't amazing, they are a good budget speaker system (plastic baskets). Should be around $200. If you don't want fragile, you don't want plastic baskets.

Not sure what issues you're having with breaking speakers, maybe you don't know your own strength? Use a little finesse. :) I've installed Hertz speakers and own Mille's and have no issues with durability.
Thanks for the review. I've melted a tweeter, and then (separately) fried a woofer on my HSK set. In another vehicle, an ESK co-ax rear fill speaker got fried as well. These are my only speaker casualties in 18 years of car audio hobbying. Three failures and all of the same brand. I cant ignore that as a coincidence. I don't listen loud, don't compete, and always set my gains and volume conservatively.

I think Hertz speakers sound good when they work. I can confidently compare them to an Alfa Romeo.

Do you have any recommendations in this price range?

I bought 2 set of focal k2 off ebay with joerg help and they were only $300 I got my image dynamics for less
if you shop around you can get a get deal
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Audiophiliac

Re: Elite.65cs versus HAT Imagine

Post by Audiophiliac »

I cannot compare to the Elites, but I have a pair of the HAT Imagine 6.5s in my wife's car powered from a Kenwood deck. And they do sound good. When we sell it, I am going to pull them and put them in my VW to replace some Exile XT65. I expect to like the HAT better once they have some real power behind them (SD800.5 bridged). I used to have ID CXS62 before I upgraded to the Exiles..and yes it was an upgrade. If the Imagines do sound better to me than the XT65, I will be happy.

Another speaker I want to try is the PG point source 6.5. But I cannot seem to find any info on them anywhere.