Phoenix Gold Elite.5 Sub Section GIAN setting

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
evo9

Phoenix Gold Elite.5 Sub Section GIAN setting

Post by evo9 »

Hey Guy's looking for feedback from current Elite.5 owner/dealer/installers on the sub section gain settings. What position on the gain you are set at to get the woofer excited? I'm not a bass head but I have to set my gain dial @ 12 O'clock to excite my JL 12W3-2 woofer. The signal is coming from an Alpine PXA-H800 processor. Reason I am asking has to do with me getting my car ready for sale. I removed the Elites & replace them with some Kicker ZX series amps. I was surprised at how little I had to raise the gain "9 O'clock position" on the Kicker ZX-700.5 to get the JL woofer excited. Just want to make sure this is the norm for the Elite.5.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Phoenix Gold Elite.5 Sub Section GIAN setting

Post by ttocs »

between input/equipment/music format listened too its too hard to tell what the gan setting should be. a lot of other amps will have them super sensitive.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dbjury

Re: Phoenix Gold Elite.5 Sub Section GIAN setting

Post by dbjury »

I have mine reasonably high. That means I have low settings at the head unit. If I need to show off I can crank it from head. I just went from a 4ohm to a 2ohm sub and sound output is noticeably different. Just set it where it works. All amps are different.
BMW 2006 530D E60
(yet to fit) Alpine 9887 CD/Ipod/Reciever: Boston Acoustics ZX6: Boston Acoustics SPG-555: Phoenix Gold ELITE .5