what would do... with a sofas

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
kg1961
Got wood?

what would do... with a sofas

Post by kg1961 »

I have a son of and refoamed a jl 15w6 jl. Love the sub but I have a slight rub I can only hear when my suv trunk is open. I like the output only 1/2 the time I know the sub is.sealed and the smallest box it works in.
So im keeping the amp but the sub rubs now im looking for any sub single/multi 8 10, 12" to 15 to work off the ms2125. Lmk what would be loud size can be a issue but im sure I have up to 4-6 cube love the lows of the 15" but light the 8-10" tight..
Want something or things loud and sick with the amp
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Drock

Re: what would do... with a sofas

Post by Drock »

Did you listen to the dd. It would whale in your vehicle. I have the jlw3's as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drock

Post by Drock »

You can listen to both if you want.

kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I know the ms2125 can run 2ohm I would rather.not
I would.not.mind trying the dd
2020 honda accord sport
Drock

Post by Drock »

Anytime.

Stryker

Post by Stryker »

I would stay period correct and run the RF 12' that i have... 95 Db sens and can handle that amp no problem. it's SQ is top notch.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Maybe so but I want it still loud. Wish you had 2 8ohm
2020 honda accord sport
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

loud enough to pop my trunk open.... mind you my punch200 puts out over 1k at 2ohm mono, i doubt the sofa does that :roll:
Drock

Post by Drock »

Stryker wrote:loud enough to pop my trunk open.... mind you my punch200 puts out over 1k at 2ohm mono, i doubt the sofa does that :roll:
Is that in the ol thunderbird?

kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

You said the sub was rated at 200rms not 1k also what car. I want loud and older style
2020 honda accord sport
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

im going to get two jl 12w0-8 in a sealed box so it will be great for the car
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

kg1961 wrote:You said the sub was rated at 200rms not 1k also what car. I want loud and older style
The old Fosgate stuff was stupidly underrated. I knew a guy back in the day that had a pair of Punch Series 1 15's running off of a Punch 200, and those subs were only supposed to take about 200 rms. I kind of think they did that because the competitions were broken up by power class.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Kirghiz wrote:
kg1961 wrote:You said the sub was rated at 200rms not 1k also what car. I want loud and older style
The old Fosgate stuff was stupidly underrated. I knew a guy back in the day that had a pair of Punch Series 1 15's running off of a Punch 200, and those subs were only supposed to take about 200 rms. I kind of think they did that because the competitions were broken up by power class.
exactly, thx for the backup.. I have the Punch 200 running 2 RF Punch pro series... it pounds and hits low.
the amp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWkxyEFxMyo
the sub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0mVhRhSBLs

FTMFCSW!!!
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Ok guy good or.not you said.yesterday. you.only had one extra and than said you were not sure you were not going to see it?
I have never been a huge rf fan I used series one 12" back in the hx2 just.not.my like
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Stryker wrote: exactly, thx for the backup..
Meh, don't take a statement of fact as back up. If someone gave me some Rockford gear I'd sell it and buy something else. :wink:
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Kirghiz wrote:
Stryker wrote: exactly, thx for the backup..
Meh, don't take a statement of fact as back up. If someone gave me some Rockford gear I'd sell it and buy something else. :wink:

lol- but I have to say not a fan of RF item but they don't have leaking caps.... and I think at the time there sub were miles ahead of pg subs
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

kg1961 wrote: lol- but I have to say not a fan of RF item but they don't have leaking caps.... and I think at the time there sub were miles ahead of pg subs
The leaking caps wasn't Phoenix Gold's fault. They just bought their caps from the wrong manufacturer, along with several other amp makers at the time. I can't bring myself to hold that against them. That said, I am not going to run out and buy a 20 year old amp either, so the leaking caps don't effect me.

There is a reason why Rockford Fosgate dominated the competition circuits for a few years in the mid 90's, and while I can't take that away from them, I can't bring myself to run that gear either. There are too many ignorant asshats running around with "rocker fozgate" systems, quoting their max power and referring to their subs as "kickers" for me to lump myself into that group by running the same gear. The fact that their new gear is very average helps with that decision too.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Kirghiz wrote:
kg1961 wrote: lol- but I have to say not a fan of RF item but they don't have leaking caps.... and I think at the time there sub were miles ahead of pg subs
The leaking caps wasn't Phoenix Gold's fault. They just bought their caps from the wrong manufacturer, along with several other amp makers at the time. I can't bring myself to hold that against them. That said, I am not going to run out and buy a 20 year old amp either, so the leaking caps don't effect me.

There is a reason why Rockford Fosgate dominated the competition circuits for a few years in the mid 90's, and while I can't take that away from them, I can't bring myself to run that gear either. There are too many ignorant asshats running around with "rocker fozgate" systems, quoting their max power and referring to their subs as "kickers" for me to lump myself into that group by running the same gear. The fact that their new gear is very average helps with that decision too.

I agree with that but pg new along time before they pulled the caps off the shelf way way longer than other company that might have had problems so that on them. they new in the mid 90's they had problem even the first octanes used them in 2003
im not a rf fan boy at all and there new gear is not for me
just saying
2020 honda accord sport