Better SQ: MB Quart or PG?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
CWood

Re: Better SQ: MB Quart or PG?

Post by CWood »

Thanks to ALL that replied......... I'm terrified to tell the wife I went to the local stereo shop to place a order for a new amp...... :shock: I was told the amp will be in Friday... :drool: I may have to pack my bags and start looking for a place to live... :lol:
Last edited by CWood on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

CWood wrote:Thanks to ALL that replied......... I'm terrified to tell the wife I went to the local stereo shop to placed a order for a new amp...... :shock: I may have to start packing my bags and looking for a place to live... :lol:
Just wait till you install it then have the conversation in the car. Should be able to play it loud enough to drown her out easily. 8)
Drock

Post by Drock »

Lol. What's with everybody's wives these days.
I just had to agree to let my wife to go to New York with her best friend for there b-days in feb. That's how the negotiating goes in my house. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

CWood wrote:Thanks to ALL that replied......... I'm terrified to tell the wife I went to the local stereo shop to place a order for a new amp...... :shock: I was told the amp will be in Friday... :drool: I may have to pack my bags and start looking for a place to live... :lol:
What'd you get?

As far as negotiations with the wife.....My wife refers to me as "The Devil". We make deals like gypsies, and I always seem to come out on top in every arrangement. Take my wife's car for example. She wanted to get a video system in her car like the one in my truck (to keep our 3 year old quiet). I showed her some options, including a 6 disc DVD changer that Pioneer makes to make the whole "Mommy I want something else!!!" transition easier. I then went on to explain that "since they're going to already be in there, and replacing the HU, let's just go ahead and upgrade the door speakers, get you a single sub, and a small single amp to drive them. They can be hidden, and you won't lose any usable space". I showed her the pictures of the Phoenix Gold Scion on the website as an example of what I had in mind, and of course she agreed. Naturally, my angle was to get my old Elite.5 back that I had traded in a few months ago when I upgraded to the Elite.4 and Elite.1, but to my chagrin, there is absolutely no way to get the damn thing to fit in her car and port the Ti2 12" (May even have to drop down to a 10"), so I had to go with a Ti21600.5 instead, just like in the Scion. Derp.

But, I figure if she likes it as well as I expect it will make future deal making on my truck go smoother. I'm getting another Elite.4 eventually if I can figure out how to fit it. Kind of a tall order, but anything can be done if you try hard enough. :lol:
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
CWood

Post by CWood »

I went with your suggestion and got the Elite.5 :thumbs:
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

It's expensive, but you only live once, and when you're with your friends you can point at it and say "That's an Elite.5" and expect to see awe on their faces if they know anything about car audio, or "Seriously dude, all this power is from one amp", then watch them get all jealous and stuff, and start telling you about gear they had 20 years ago because what they have now can't touch it.

The Elites are seriously that awesome. Particularly the Elite.5 in the realm of five channel amps.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
CWood

Post by CWood »

I hope it sounds good because I may be living in my car soon....... :lol:
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Dude ...The Elite.5 is a monster and well worth the coin 8) . Have been running mine for a year pushing 2 sets of ID XS65's, CDT Wsi100 Imaging tweets and an IDMAX10D4v3 at 2ohm and will be buried with that amp :shock: . Going to be swapping out the IDMAX for 2 NIB condition old-skool TI10D4's at a 1ohm load :shock: off the Elite.5 to get just bit more bass outta the beast (Don't need to ...just want to) :clap: . Have always loved the 2-10 or even the 3-10 set up and gotta do it just for spite. :clap:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Drock

Post by Drock »

I want one so bad. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Last edited by kg1961 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Mike ...I have a single IDMAX10D4 :shock: in the beast (in a 1.0ft^3 sealed box I built getting close to 800wrms off the Elite.5 at 2ohm ...sub is rated for 1000wrms / 1800 musical - peak :shock: ), not 2 ...pm replied to.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"