YELLOW PG ZX250 V2

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
michaellane

YELLOW PG ZX250 V2

Post by michaellane »

So it seems to be pretty rare since it was made yellow from factory...what is one of these things actually worth??? for its age i would say it is a 8.5/10 but to be fair id say 7.5-8/10

can not really find any info on it...i am active on CACO and caraudio.com/forum same user name and my feedback thread is in my signature on CA.com/forum
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: YELLOW PG ZX250 V2

Post by ttocs »

They were only sent to Canada. I am pretty sure that pg hated Canada and that is why they picked that urine yellow color. Yes they are more rare then the standard zx amps but unfortunately I have not seen them go for much if anything just because of that hideous color. I don't even think we have anyone on here that loves them and collects them do we?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
michaellane

Post by michaellane »

ttocs wrote:They were only sent to Canada. I am pretty sure that pg hated Canada and that is why they picked that urine yellow color. Yes they are more rare then the standard zx amps but unfortunately I have not seen them go for much if anything just because of that hideous color. I don't even think we have anyone on here that loves them and collects them do we?

well that sucks big time. So in Canada there are a lot of the yellow ones? I was under the impression they were ordered yellow straight from PG
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

michaellane wrote:So in Canada there are a lot of the yellow ones?
It's so that they can find the amp if for some reason it got dropped in the snow. Have you ever tried finding a silver amp you dropped in the snow? Talk about a needle in a haystack......

That's the only reason behind it that I can figure anyway. That or Phoenix Gold hates Canada, but that couldn't be it.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Kirghiz wrote:
michaellane wrote:So in Canada there are a lot of the yellow ones?
It's so that they can find the amp if for some reason it got dropped in the snow. Have you ever tried finding a silver amp you dropped in the snow? Talk about a needle in a haystack......

That's the only reason behind it that I can figure anyway. That or Phoenix Gold hates Canada, but that couldn't be it.
Flmao.
You mean like this pile of snow.
Never mind the amp, is snows anymore and we won't be able to find our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

Hey, If you like the color then its all good! I think its ok and its really the performance of the amp that makes me not care what color it is... probably going to be in your trunk anyways.. And YES, according to ebay these sell for more than the white or black versions.. bad ass amp either way an will totally rock some components!! :wink:
Square 1
michaellane

Post by michaellane »

that is what i wanted to hear. i figured these sold for more. this thing is going up for sale today lol
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

It isn't so much the color of the amp as what color everything else in your car that is going to be around it is, making it match, and not have it look like a yellow submarine. It takes effort to make yellow match since nothing in vehicle interiors are yellow, generally speaking.

But if you had the car below you could make it work.
Attachments
Big_Bird_Hidding.jpg
Big_Bird_Hidding.jpg (37.99 KiB) Viewed 6767 times
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I hate to admit it, but I personally like the yellow amps. Most likely just because they are rare though. I would only install a yellow one in a yellow car though, and I would never buy a yellow car...
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

What about the short yellow bus?
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

trickyricky wrote:What about the short yellow bus?
What? It is yellow? I am colorblind, so I would not know...
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

The whole story on the yellow zx's is that "Trends" the Canadian distributor for PG at the time, ordered this colour to compliment the new ( at that time ) Reactor amps which had some yellow highlights
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
michaellane

Post by michaellane »

Thunderdome wrote:The whole story on the yellow zx's is that "Trends" the Canadian distributor for PG at the time, ordered this colour to compliment the new ( at that time ) Reactor amps which had some yellow highlights

ahhh ok. that makes more sense
valeks1

Post by valeks1 »

The yellow Phoenix Gold amplifiers & signal processors was custom build for one person in Canada. Total was build 87 unit most is ZX but not all.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Really Valeks? There has to be more than that. I have personally seen more than a dozen. The dealer in my town had quite a few of them and did several installs with them.
If this is the case, then they are far more rare than i thought. I just have a hard time believing they are rarer than an MS1000 nickel.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
valeks1

Post by valeks1 »

I don't know exactly how many were built, I just remember working on the original order where we modified input circuits on some amplifiers.