need advise, bought an amp on fleabay

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
vwdude

need advise, bought an amp on fleabay

Post by vwdude »

So I bought a ZPA0.5 on ebay this week. The amp was attractive to me for a few reasons. First off, the guy claimed it was bought from here. also, it has the original plexi, and lastly, it came in the original box. I confirmed with a message that it came with the OG box, and he said yes.

well, he messaged me that he shipped it in a brown box. He said that the OG box was "crappy". I responded that I was upset, outlining what I stated above, and that this was a reason why I bought the amp at his asking price.

No response for 2 days now, so he is obviously ignoring me.

Assuming that the amp arrives and everything else is kosher (amp works, no undocumented damage...) is this worth leaving bad feedback over, or should I do neutral and give notes? I am kind of bummed and I was looking forward to getting that box. I am wondering if maybe he sold the box to someone, which would piss me off considering he should refund me for that amount. seems like a bait and switch to me.

BTW I paid $350 + shipping. I know its higher than the going rate, and i wouldnt have paid that if it didnt include the box.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
LowandLoud

Re: need advise, bought an amp on fleabay

Post by LowandLoud »

Oh man, that totally sucks! He should have known, especially after you specifically asked about the box.
I think you should for sure wait until the amp arrives. To inspect for damage and so on. Then mention to him you would like a bit of "compensation" for the bonehead mistake. Maybe use the feedback thing as leverage? If it does show up worse than described, see about returning it.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I would send a note saying you want the original box. It not much to break it down and ship it if you want it and if he doesn't your feedback will reflect that.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

If he is the guy on ebay that is selling those MS with a aftermarket plexi then asking for an extra 100 for the original then am pretty sure he is keeping the box or sold it for a few bucks (can't think why anyone would pay a bunch for a box that the serial's don't even match.). But hey you never know. Good luck either way.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I am waiting for sure either way. I have learned that patience can be rewarding, especially when it comes to buying stuff.

I don't expect a response from him regarding the box. The condition of the amp when it arrives will effect the severity of my next message.

I will keep you all posted.
Johns98TA

Post by Johns98TA »

If its not what he listed, you can send it back and get your money back through paypal. Whether he likes it or not.
MS1000 Nickel on display
ZX500v2, ZX450v2, ZX350v2, ZX250v2 on display
EQ232, EQ215ix, PLD1, MX2, MX3i, TBAt, Bass Cube on display
MPS2500, MPS2240, and MS275 on display
EQ230, EQ215x, PLD1, TBA1, AX204A, AX406A on display
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

I would wait until you've received it, test & inspect, and then in a single message through eBay explain anything you are unhappy with compared to what the auction claims. I would also print to PDF a copy of the auction exactly as it looks now before anything changes. In the email I would ask for a partial refund of amount you feel is warranted (within reason) & state how many days you will wait before leaving neg feedback & filing a claim through PayPal. That gives them time to think it over & act maturely, or you will force their hand and Paypal will take all the money until they deal with you.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

trickyricky wrote:If he is the guy on ebay that is selling those MS with a aftermarket plexi then asking for an extra 100 for the original then am pretty sure he is keeping the box or sold it for a few bucks (can't think why anyone would pay a bunch for a box that the serial's don't even match.). But hey you never know. Good luck either way.

Yea it's the guy that had a zpa0.5 with red terroids where he wanted 100 more for original plexi and a 0.3 that he wanted the same with. On the 0.5 that I bought it included the original plexi and supposedly the box.
audiophyle_247 wrote:I would wait until you've received it, test & inspect, and then in a single message through eBay explain anything you are unhappy with compared to what the auction claims. I would also print to PDF a copy of the auction exactly as it looks now before anything changes. In the email I would ask for a partial refund of amount you feel is warranted (within reason) & state how many days you will wait before leaving neg feedback & filing a claim through PayPal. That gives them time to think it over & act maturely, or you will force their hand and Paypal will take all the money until they deal with you.

Yea that kind of what I was planning to do.
captainobvious

Post by captainobvious »

What is the sellers ebay username?

It's good to know these things for people to AVOID buying from.

Thanks
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Asking +350.00 for a ZPA0.5 with an aftermarket plexi then has the nerve to say "if you want the original add and extra 100.00 for it"....pretty much saying he is keeping it and selling it later for profit.

When I sold you my 0.5, did I try to keep the nice (no cracks) original plexi and give you a crappy aftermarket? Not a good seller if you ask me.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

trickyricky wrote:Asking +350.00 for a ZPA0.5 with an aftermarket plexi then has the nerve to say "if you want the original add and extra 100.00 for it"....pretty much saying he is keeping it and selling it later for profit.

When I sold you my 0.5, did I try to keep the nice (no cracks) original plexi and give you a crappy aftermarket? Not a good seller if you ask me.

Yea I was pissed about that plexi thing, but the one I got supposedly included the original plexi and the box for no extra charge.

He offered that original plexi deal on the red terroid one (I guess he things that amp should be worth more) and the 0.3 for some reason. My thought was that he has more ZPAs that were not for sale and he would include original plexi from them for more money.

Seller is anothonyregal86.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Man sound like a andy deal shit no box and than bs send it back or get a ton $$$$ off bs
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

The amp should arrive tomorrow. I keep thinking that maybe I misunderstood him and maybe the box will arrive.

I will report back once I have the amp and I can test it.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Just to give an update, the amp arrived. I didn't get to test it yet but it did come with the original plexi in decent shape. The caps don't look original or as if they've been leaking but ther are glued together with hot glue.

It came in a brown PG box taped closed with duct tape. I gently shook the box and the amp was not packed tightly. When I opened the box there were a few loose sheets of bubble wrap, nowhere near what I would deem responsible in terms of it arriving safely.

I see that shippin coat $32. I was charged $41 for shipping and I know he didn't buy a box or pay for tape with that extra $9. I wouldn't care about that but considering the puss poor job of packing it and that he left off the original box, I will see what he wil refund me.

Anyone have feedback on how much to ask for back? If I ask too much then he will tell me to f*** off, so I would like advise. I am thinking $30, 9 from shipping and 21 for the lack of original box.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Drock

Post by Drock »

It's unbelievable how some people turn shit backwards. He didn't do what he said. How is that a hassle for him? Am I missing something? You didn't get what you paid for, and now you have to work to get it sorted out. Wtf. And his response makes it sound like it's your fault somehow.
What a Douche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I would make it his problem and send it back. He will be out shipping to/from and hopefully learn a lesson....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

So the plot thickens...

I am planning to keep it though as ive already touched up the paint and ordered new caps, resistors, fets...

Oh and yet another response that I got this morning...

So I will be keeping the amp but I will add his seller to he watch list. I'll make sure that he doesn't sell his other ZPAs to anyone on here.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Double douche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Here's my response
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

I had a feeling he was going to try to make a few bucks off of it....I said it myself on post 4.
Johns98TA

Post by Johns98TA »

If you really want to dick with him, send him back your worst amp and then blame him for the mix up.
MS1000 Nickel on display
ZX500v2, ZX450v2, ZX350v2, ZX250v2 on display
EQ232, EQ215ix, PLD1, MX2, MX3i, TBAt, Bass Cube on display
MPS2500, MPS2240, and MS275 on display
EQ230, EQ215x, PLD1, TBA1, AX204A, AX406A on display
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Johns98TA wrote:If you really want to dick with him, send him back your worst amp and then blame him for the mix up.
Honestly I would but my ethics won't let me.

The thing is, here's that guy out there that does that. He buys amps and returns bad ones in heir place. This guy will get burned by that guy someday.

So I have decided that if he will pay for return shipping, netting me a zero cost then I'll return it. I have already set the DC offset for him and touched up the paint.

If he won't pay for return shipping then I'll keep it. $350 isn't that bad for a ZPA with almost perfect plexi. I am just mad that the box was supposed to be included and it wasn't.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Ugh... He decided to send me the purple box if I send him the brown box. So all is finally going to be good in the end.

I expect the box will arrive in bad shape but whatever. As long as I can get a scan of the art work then I'll be happy.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Why do you need to send him a box for?