Amp Construction Question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Kirghiz

Amp Construction Question

Post by Kirghiz »

I was looking at the board shot on this 8 channel Audison amp, and it looks to me like it is just 2 four channel amp boards in the same case, and the power connections are just jumped to the second board.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRU-TECHNOLOGY- ... 4f&vxp=mtr

If that's the case, than it wouldn't be terribly difficult outside of machining new cases to do something similar with a pair of Elite.4's or a pair of Elite.1's would it? Certainly on the Elite.1 you could just strap the amps and it would be real easy. Does that sound about right?
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
dwnrodeo

Re: Amp Construction Question

Post by dwnrodeo »

That's pretty much how every one of PG's special amplifiers are. Frank = MS2125 + MQ430, Son of Frank = MS2125 + MS275, Reactor = ZX450 + ZX500, Route 66 = M44 + M25, Roadster = Rsd500.4 + Rsd600.1, etc... I think all of them except the Octane, Bandit and The One were just two PG amplifiers in a single chassis.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

you know there is already an elite .5 right?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

ttocs wrote:you know there is already an elite .5 right?
Well, yeah, but it doesn't make 4000 watts on the sub channel. :D

I was actually looking at doing an 8 channel and an 8000 watt sub amp. Or perhaps even all four in one chassis some how. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

The problem with multiple amplifiers in one chassis becomes finding a location to mount it. The MS1000 is 34" long. MyRoadster 66 is 32" long which barely fits between my shock towers. It's much easier to mount two smaller amplifiers rather than one large one. Although the larger amplifiers are cooler looking I have to admit.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Drock

Post by Drock »

That would be so great. Two .4's under one sink. Run that on an audison bit one. And that's a sweet ass setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

How big is The One? My thought, and it's really a dream, nothing I'll be pursuing imminently, is The One has it's own look to it, nothing really matches it, but it needs other amps to drive the full range. If you took a pair of Elite.4's or perhaps a .4 and .2, put them in the same chassis, and styled the chassis along the same lines as The One, It would match better, and be roughly the same size. That, or do a pair of Elite.1's and a pair of Elite.4's or a .2 and .4 all in one chassis that measures 45" x 21" x 2.5" and do one epic amp that way, out of four Elites. The whole idea sort of stems from seeing the custom Route 66 that mhyde71 made for treesive. Pics in the link below. You can't really do much with the Elite chassis, but if you did a one of none you could do anything you wanted with the artwork depending on how you designed the chassis. If you did just a pair of A/B elites you could beef up the heat sinks while you're at it, because they can use it.

If one were doing a Suburban or a walkthrough truck, you've got the space for it, and to be honest, those are the only vehicles you'd be able to mount the necessary alternators to run it anyway.

http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23531
Drock

Post by Drock »

I'm very interested in this idea. But even if somehow two amps could be fit into a single chassis. How could the power and speaker terminals be incorporated? Controls would have to be moved

Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Not really. The amps are 23.3" x 10.5" x 2.6". If you line them up 2 x 2 you'd have 46.6" x 21" x 2.6". If you line them all up side by side, leaving the controls exposed on both ends, you have 23.3" x 42" x 2.6". You could also conceivably stack them, and go 23.3" x 21" x 5.2" and still have the controls available.

It's literally a matter of just doing the case.

Edit: that's for four of them, doing two to match The One would be a little trickier.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

While I hunk this idea is great, I don't get why. First, as been mentioned, it would be too huge to make sense. Also an amp of this much power would assuredly require a 1/0 power connection.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Drock

Post by Drock »

All the elites require 1/0 anyway.
Personally I like to build things nobody else has. For myself anyway, it would look bad ass next to the one amp.