how to run 2 eq215x

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
rlop3z3

how to run 2 eq215x

Post by rlop3z3 »

Hello I'm new to the site and I have what may be a novice question but here goes. I have a ti1600.5 and 2 eq215x's. I would like to run both eqs if I could. I have 2 sets of 6.5 components. My head unit is a kdc-bt952hd which has three sets of RCA's. Would I need to get another 4 channel amp to run the rear comp set to use the eq? I figure the ti1600.5 would run the front set of comps and my subs which are 2 jl12w6v4. I'm kind of stuck on how to run both eqs or even run them at all. I was thinking of getting a sd500.4 for my other amp if needed. Any help would be great
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: how to run 2 eq215x

Post by kg1961 »

you don't need another amp if you have the channels needed.
with the eq
you can do a couple of things.
I would run just hi pass and eq it
front rca from the deck into the eq rca out on the hp side into the amp cross it over on the amp
same with the rear rca into the second unit
I would leave the subs and use a bass knob if you need more tuning.

now is it a eq215
eq215 x
or eq215ix
I know your topic said eq215x
http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... 5x_230.pdf
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I assume you mean to run the speakers in an active cross over arrangement? What kind of car is this in? Not sure I would put enough emphasis on rear fill to dedicate an eq215 to it myself but it sounds like fun.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

I have ran 2 215iX...not an issue at all and very easy it really depends on the EQ's you have, 215i,215x,215ix please clarify...
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I had an ix in my last install and loved it but it can do everything you need it too from the time delay for the rear speakers to active front componants. Great EQ all around.
rlop3z3

Post by rlop3z3 »

They are both eq-215x. They will be used in a 2010 honda civic sedan. The eqs have the blue and gold lettering
rlop3z3

Post by rlop3z3 »

I'm still in need of some advice on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

well I too was needing answers before I could help, color or the eq's will not effect how its hooked up.

as I said above It sounds like you are wanting to run the EQ's to do your cross over function to 86 the speakers passive cross overs and run the eq's both front and rear in an active mode? This is the only reason you would need another 4 channel amp and while it would give you more power I don't think the extra power to the rear speakers is going to buy you anything for SQ. Sure if you can get 2 fairly large eq's and a couple of amps to mount neatly and look cool then go for it but I know the extra work that would be needed in installation let alone in tuning.

As I said in my 2nd post with a 215ix and then you could use the delayed rear output on it to drive your rear speakers off of their passive cross overs. Personally I would try and trade for a 215ix and use that single eq instead of the two separate. Are you really wanting to EQ the rear speakers seperatly from all the others?
rlop3z3

Post by rlop3z3 »

Well i guess im not sure how to run these at all either one or both. I guess i want the best possible solution and how to run the rcas and all
the settings on the eq itself
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

The best way to run it is what is called in an active cross over arrangement which means you will use the selectable electronic cross overs instead of the passive ones that come with the speakers. Run the front/rear rca's from the deck to each eq's input and one will be the eq for your front speakers, one will be for your rear speakers. From there you will run the high-pass portion of each EQ to the amps inputs that you want to drive the tweeters. Run the low pass side of the signal from the eq, to the side of the amp you want to drive your componants woofers. Run the decks sub rca to your subwoofer input and form there its a straight run from your amp to your speakers and you can just leave the passive cross overs out of the system since your eq's are doing the work. You will need another 4 channel amp for this system to drive your rear speakers and depending on how hard you drive it you will want to start to consider a bigger battery and alternator. Tuning the system will take some time to both adjust the cross overs on each set of speakers, and then the eq's as well as just the amp/eq gains. Probably only take a few hours to sort it all out and get it sounding good(the tuning portion) but again the installation of getting it all to fit, look good and be organized will be a royal PIA.