Pg warrenty

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Kirghiz

Re: Pg warrenty

Post by Kirghiz »

Truth be told, I was leery about buying the Elites because I was afraid of the durability. I also suspected that they had no means to repair their subs. I was looking hard at Fi BL and Fi Q subs. My Phoenix Gold dealer also pushes Memphis, so I was looking at Memphis Mojo X subs. At the end of the day really the only reason I went with the Elites was because everything else in the install is Elite. If mine ever fail, and I made this decision when I bought them, I am going to replace them with Fi BL's. They'll drop right into my existing enclosure.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I don't think it has been talked about but both vcoild read normal so its like the vcoil is not round or there is something loose in the motor area
To me thats really messed up
Drock said if you force it it will still move?? Very odd
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I'm going to guess that it has something to do with the LED's. When mine are pounding, with the lights off, the lights will occasionally light up a little like they are getting some power from an outside source. If they are getting some sort of power transfer from the coils, then the lights are definitely in a place where if something broke inside they could interfere with the coils. It would also explain why this is something you don't hear about with other drivers.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Drock

Post by Drock »

I'm going to wait another week to see if I can get ahold of Morgan before I do anything to the sub. But maybe next week I'll take it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

kg1961 wrote:that is bs I would hate to see if "The one" fails or any of your many elite amps
that's bs the sub was bought from pg as a stock just because the company broke ties will pg your fucked

What I would do is take the sub apart showing all your pics etc. show why that elite pos failed. there is no way you over powered it or miss used it. it was DOA out of the box
While this sucks pretty bad for Drock and anyone else that runs PG speakers and subs, myself included, they do offer out of warranty repair on the amps. Plus, if you buy the amp from an authorized dealer, have them install it, and they use Stinger wire to install it with, you get a 3 year warranty on it. The amps are a completely different deal from the speakers.
http://www.phoenixgold.com/support/Repa ... celist.php

Having said that, has Phoenix Gold ever re-coned their older subs? Let's be perfectly honest here. They make some of the best amps in the world. They also sell some speakers, most of which are made by other companies and branded with PG's logos, which is the way it always has been. For whatever it's worth though, mine were installed by a dealer, and one of my 10's from my old box had half the spider rip free from the motor. My installer pulled it out, identified the problem, got another off their shelf and dropped it in. Done. If you can buy from a dealer and opt to forgo doing it yourself, it is a pretty good deal. But as has always been the case, Canada gets screwed in that regard.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Sorry to hear this drock. Pg' s representation in canada is flat out absurd! Sure there is genteck, only an hour away from my home. I have tried to purchase from them, but have never been able to! Always some problem on their end. For this reason and now warranty issues I WILL NOT BUY NEW PHOENIX GOLD PRODUCTS !

Love the old school though. No warranty issues there.

Maybe if you search in hong dong province of china or where ever this crap is made you could find parts!
Collection Growing..........
Drock

Post by Drock »

I wouldn't even begin to know where to look for a replacement.

I just picked up a new one today. So at least I can have my tunes back now.
I'll keep trying to deal with pg to get this replaced.

Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Ok, so you bought a sub from a non authorized dealer off fleabay...whether he was at some time is irrelevant. It's not covered by any warranty at all because you bought it from a non authorized person. You should have known this when you bought it. I personally would have researched whether any sort of recone kit was available if a problem arrised...like it has. I guess these are obviously overpriced because most subs that are considered higher end or whatever are reconable....Sundown, Fi, Digital Designs plus many many more. You all choked about a sub that quit after 15 mins yet you go buy another one...lol. brilliant. I just don't get why the cryin about not receiving any kind of love from a company that hates when it's stuff is sold by people on Ebay, where you bought it...my .02
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

One way a sub can end up seized is the motor structure becoming misaligned. Sometimes the glue holding the magnet and plates together is faulty so the motor gets knocked or vibrated out of alignment. You don't always notice this because the magnet holds everything tightly together.
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
Drock

Post by Drock »

Stryker wrote:Ok, so you bought a sub from a non authorized dealer off fleabay...whether he was at some time is irrelevant. It's not covered by any warranty at all because you bought it from a non authorized person. You should have known this when you bought it. I personally would have researched whether any sort of recone kit was available if a problem arrised...like it has. I guess these are obviously overpriced because most subs that are considered higher end or whatever are reconable....Sundown, Fi, Digital Designs plus many many more. You all choked about a sub that quit after 15 mins yet you go buy another one...lol. brilliant. I just don't get why the cryin about not receiving any kind of love from a company that hates when it's stuff is sold by people on Ebay, where you bought it...my .02
First off. As stated, if you read the post, I'm fully aware that there is no warranty if items are not purchased from an authorized dealer. But there's no harm in trying. And as always I never expect to get warranty.
My issue with this post wasn't so much that there is no warranty, as much as it is about the lack of service or the willingness to help find a solution for getting a replacement or service or even parts at my expense.

I think it's pretty frugal to think that just because my one sub failed that it must be a shitty sub. And wtf would I bother to buy another. Well I personally love the elite subs. I've had a pair installed for about 6 months ago. And they take every bit of power I've put to them, and have had no issues at all.

Nobody said anything about getting love from pg, but some basic customer service is in order. I've been a business owner for 20years and I would never treat any customer this way.

Would it really be that hard to say "hey we feel ya, we are sorry for the issues. Your equipment is not covered by warranty, but we could offer you a replacement for x amount. Thanks for being a loyal pg user."

To be frank. Even if I had researched more, it would not have stopped me from buying the subs.

And another thing as I'm sure you would be frustrated if you just wasted $500. You'd feel a bit frustrated as well. As stated above, I was mostly just venting.

Thanks for the input though.