What's wrong with this picture?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
vwdude

What's wrong with this picture?

Post by vwdude »

So I bought this amp off eBay.

I got it for a reasonable price considering I plan to recondition it anyways (new caps, fan, whatever else it needs).

The certificate of performance is a photocopy and they used whiteout over the serial number. I don't really care as I didn't expect a certificate of performance with an amp this old anyways, but it goes to show how dishonest people can be.

Here is the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161254173879?ss ... 1439.l2648
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ajaye

Re: What's wrong with this picture?

Post by ajaye »

one of my favorites is the dude (it has to be the same dude in all of them) that sells a lot of low-mid level Alpine head units on ebay, lists them buy it now for stupid prices, and on every single one has the label on the bottom ripped in the exact same spot...the spot where they all would say MADE IN CHINA if it was still intact lol. asshole.

I guess its possible this dude just threw it in as an indication of what this amp can do...
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Yea I wrote to him and he claimed that e amp came with it when he bought it used. It's possible, I can't question that, but he listed the measured power as what this amp can do. The seller sells a lot of amps, he should know better. If/ when I sell this amp I will not include that paper as it's already in the trash. Lol
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Lol is probably a copy of an poor resolution online pic and he just pressed the print button.

If you wanted some ZX why you didn't PM me? I have a few, haven't really listed them for sale but if you want any more let me know.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Next time I'll PM you. I wasn't really looking to be honest. The 475ti that I bought on eBay was $40 and I'm repairing it. This one seemed pretty cheap. I'm not even planning to use them right now, it's just to familiarize myself with the ZX line of amps and maybe do those custom painted amps that I've been thinking about.