Busted out the old RSDc sub the other day!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Busted out the old RSDc sub the other day!

Post by mr tibbs »

I forgot how much I like this sub. It's still in a sealed box that it has always been in and sounds pretty good! I need to get more power to it though, 2 channels from the Onyx 200.4 is just not enough juice for this beast. Now that I have decided to keep the FJ I think I might have to redo the system to include two amps, one for the front stage and one dedicated to the sub. It was nice to hear a real system for a change! Lol :lol:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
dwnrodeo

Re: Busted out the old RSDc sub the other day!

Post by dwnrodeo »

I just installed two RSDc 10's in my vehicle and I have to say they are my favorite sub. I'm underpowering them as well with about 400 watts each, but it's plenty for me (for now).
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

Still my favorite too. i have 2 in ever single size and vc config. i wont ever sell them. they only go into mine or familys cars
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Gee, look at Brian with his nose in the air......
Lol.

I miss the one I had. Should've kept it. :(
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I still have my set that I was going to use, but I am considering going for the new elite. Any thoughts on that possible swap?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I was thinking about converting the sub into a HT sub, but now I think I will just keep it in the FJ and redo the box in there to fit the RSDc. With the proper power this is a great sub that will hit the lows and get plenty loud for me!
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
ciscokid

Post by ciscokid »

Bringin this thread back from the dead... but has anyone ran a rsdc 10 in a ported box?

this is the only post I've been able to find on the matter
Ok I finally got BassBox semi-working again, but it's not 100% compatible with Vista 64 so there are a few things I can't work out, like vent velocity :(

Here's a comparison of the 10 in the .5 SQ sealed box, vs the 10 in the .9 SQ ported box. The orange is sealed, and the red is ported. I have simulated in-car cabin gain with a 12dB/oct rise at 50Hz (the upper of the two response lines).

You can see when we account for cabin gain, the sealed RSDC is designed to play FLAT! Note the big response hump on the ported design... your system would be much louder at around 30Hz than other frequencies. 6dB more than the sealed setup around that frequency.

The ported box is tuned for 27Hz. If we want to apply the same tuning to a 2" port to reduce the chance of chuffing, we would increase the box size to 1cuft, with a port length of 11.5". Their frequency response would be pretty much identical. I can calculate slot ported enclosures as well, if you would prefer to build that.

The boxes seem crazy small, but the RSDC is a crazy woofer! BassBox actually agrees with their recommendations... its box wizard comes up with nearly the exact same thing!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have been planning on going a little different and doing 3 10's in the stang and have the speakers for it. Always loved how 10s sounded and the RSDc's for sure so 3 of them with a good amount of power should pound like hell but I can't help buy think of what the new elite subs would sound like off of the elite amps.....

What would you do, 3 10 rsdc's or how many elites.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

The Elites are definitely better in the appearance department. Can't comment on the sound of them though.