Elite plexi lighting

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
J.Wright

Elite plexi lighting

Post by J.Wright »

Guys i need your expertise....

Just picked up an Elite.5 and would like to engrave and edge light the plexi...

First, how would you suggest I do this ?
Second, anyone here have the ability to engrave plexi ?
Third, I need artwork for the rising phoenix for the engraving

Thanks !!!
System in progress...
Kirghiz

Re: Elite plexi lighting

Post by Kirghiz »

Edge lighting the plexi isn't possible I don't think. There isn't enough room inside of the track that holds the plexi in place to conceal the LED's. There is only about 3/8 of an inch of space in that notch, and the plexi occupies it all. Someone may prove that wrong, but I asked several people about that and was blocked every time. What most people have done, and the way mine are, is install LED strips inside the amp underneath the black metal edges, basically on the heat sinks. It's the only way I can figure, and the only way I have seen Elite's have LED's installed inside.
DSC_0867.jpg
DSC_0868.jpg
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

That's looks beautiful. How do you power the LEDs? Are they getting power from the amp or are you running a wire outside the amp for power?
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

They're externally powered. They're actually on the same circuit as the lights for the Elite subs. It is all wired into the vehicle's alarm so I can use the key fob to turn the lights on and off.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.