Getting numbers

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Drock

Getting numbers

Post by Drock »

Hey guys,
Hope all is well. So I've been pretty obsessed with getting numbers for the last year or so. I've tried several enclosures that fit under the seat but I could not get over 136db. Absolutely nothing wrong with that number, and sounded amazing.

But I just keep wanting to do better.

I personally have never seen or heard any other systems, as far as I know there's no shows let alone any guys with shops around here to compare to.

Yesterday I tried out a few different boxes and I got up to 147db with a single dd3512.
I was very happy with that.

I was amazed how much difference the is between 140 and 146 db. It went from just being loud to feeling it in my chest.

This weekend I plan to build an enclosure for a pair of the dd3512's and install another .1.
Maybe I'll hit 150db. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wigzter

Re: Getting numbers

Post by Wigzter »

Oh def let me know how that goes, I still don't know that much about car audio yet to be helpful yet but I'm excited to see what you come up with.
06 Chevrolet Tahoe
Bose Factory System w/ PAC Line Out Converter
(2) Bose Tweeters
(2) 4" Bose Midranges
(4) 6.5" Bose 4peakers
(1) Ti21300.1 Amplifier on Stinger 4ga Power/Ground
(2) Ti212D4 Subwoofers wired to 1ohm load
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Adding the second driver and second amp should get you over 150-151 if you are at 147 now I would think.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Funny thing is the fist box I used I put in a pair of jl audio 12w3v3 old school sub. Not the newer ones.
They are rated I think at 300 rms ea. they did 146 right off the bat. I was pretty amazed at that. And those JL's took a beating from the .1, and stayed tight as hell.
I honestly didn't think it was possible to get that 146db out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk