Terminal Blocks for MS/MPS.

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
trickyricky

Terminal Blocks for MS/MPS.

Post by trickyricky »

I was wondering if anyone had any luck making their own with a 3D printer or know of a 3D Printing company that could tackle this task.

We all know how these terminals don't survive the +20 years and usually all break from the mounting tabs.

I even thought about making some kind of aluminum backing for the broken ones if I can't find someone to make them. Am thinking out of a 1/16" thick aluminium, that should be thick and stiff enough to hold the terminals tight up against the end plates. What you guys think?

If they are done right (CNC possibly) they wouldn't look bad might even add a more rugged look to them when using the plexi's otherwise it won't be visible at all.

BTW someone did offer me a set they had, but 90.00 for a set is a bit too much for me.... Plus I would need more than just one set....more like 5 at least and I know some of you guys have some broken ones as well that are epoxy together.
Nils

Re: Terminal Blocks for MS/MPS.

Post by Nils »

I'm into this also, tooling for making original ones is a bit too high, its almost as high as the tool for making my MS heatsinks, and thats a lot of Money for me right now, i'm also looking into 3D print of them, but there's alot of quality's and "stability" of the plastic, I'm waiting for a couple of test samples right now.
3x MPS2240
5x MPS2500
1x MS2250
1x MQ430 (white)
1x MQ430 (gray)
3x MS275 (white)
3x MS275 (gray)
ax406a
ax204