PG in Florida/repairs

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
wooferdog

PG in Florida/repairs

Post by wooferdog »

AAMP /PG is no longer doing any amp repairs.They said they quit last week and now Zed Audio is doing all the repair work in Cali.I was going to drive over and drop off my amps for caps and repairs but now that's not going to happen.
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
trickyricky

Re: PG in Florida/repairs

Post by trickyricky »

wooferdog wrote:AAMP /PG is no longer doing any amp repairs.They said they quit last week and now Zed Audio is doing all the repair work in Cali.I was going to drive over and drop off my amps for caps and repairs but now that's not going to happen.

Good luck with Zed :? ....there's countless of threads on DIYMA regarding his repair services and amps (not in a good way either :roll: ). You can try Freeman's but they are in SC and NC.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

I'm just going to have to pack them up and ship them to Altser in Portland and hope they don't get damaged in the mail room.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

wooferdog wrote:I'm just going to have to pack them up and ship them to Altser in Portland and hope they don't get damaged in the mail room.

As long as you pack them well they shouldn't get damage. I got a outlaw from oilworker and he packed the shit out of it, the amp was screwed down to a 1/2" MDF panel the size of the amp then a shit load of large green bubble wrap inside a LARGE LONG box.

Can't go wrong with Altser in Portland.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

I might just have to build a crate to hold 3 MS amps.I have shipped a lot of amps but just 1 at a time with no damage.I might just have to do the 2125 by itself to keep it lighter and the 275's together.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Wow. That's crazy.
I've noticed Morgan doesn't chime in much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

I don't live too far from PG and had called them about dropping off instead of shipping and all was good but that was back in Feb.I called yesterday to get the RA number and you know the rest of the story,1 week to late.
Drock

Post by Drock »

That sucks.
Good news for the amp repair guys on the Phorum though. Will make them very busy.
I've already been waiting a few months just to get someone to look at my ms2125.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

looks like Eric d, shawnk and other will get real busy
that is just stupid a major company does repair there own products
just again no customer service
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
vwguy3

Post by vwguy3 »

Shawnk just moved to one of the Carolinas. Cant remember which one, but the shipping might be cheaper for you being that he is closerto you then Portland, Oregon

Thanks
Justin
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

vwguy3 wrote:Shawnk just moved to one of the Carolinas. Cant remember which one, but the shipping might be cheaper for you being that he is closerto you then Portland, Oregon

Thanks
Justin
Hope it is North Carolina that would be close to me...
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

kg1961 wrote:
that is just stupid a major company does repair there own products
just again no customer service
I agree
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

most major company's (professional) if they need to sub contract the work out they do it in house and not piss supplier customer ect. this is a very bad way to have a company due warranty work or even service. Heck Zed bashed pg ms amps all to shit and now your using them nice move :roll: :naughty: :doh: is there just to much work? seeing a lot of all the series of amp on ebay here and I owned a refurbished elite.2 a fair amount of subs fail. great china is cheap to get things made but at what cost?

Pg your not making head way with all this. Also the main people that talk about buy sell etc is the phourm members and there are zero perks....
all I see on kijiji in Canada is Pg amp for sale and most are the r series because supplier are using them as clearance lost leader (aka Garbage items under $100.00) sorta like the pyramid brand of the 90"s I would be mad if I was a major brand being used like this. so what if your selling some numbers it will cost you more in the end.

No pg support? what the heck- there used to be a couple member from pg on here to help with questions new product etc.
I know its been said a 100 time now online sale even from pg direct as 75% of the customer are not near the 40plus dealer in the usa

You need to ask your self with other brands why have I seen a bunch of dealer either drop pg or pg pulled out. not a good sign either way.

I'm sad to say but this is the wrong way to bring back a company after its already had a lot of problems and died before.

I'm not saying things were not done I have to say trying the idea of the elites and many lines fast was a great start now its all died off and there is zero buzz here or any were so the negative will start showing up in larger number
good luck but unless pg is wanting to become a walmart, futureshop brand something need to be done
2020 honda accord sport
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Clap clap mike! Well said! Its sad the closest dealer to me is maryland and no one online. If aamp/pg had better customer service id be more than glad to drive (3hrs) to a dealer and buy some gear. But hell no with customer support like they are giving now.

I rememebr a few years ago aamp was all over here talking this and that about what they are going to do to revive and get rebirth to one of the best brands. But now they are getting like rodin did! They prob dropped service cause the sales are lacking. Well if theyd invest in more dealers and have service support things would do a 180!

Just a damn shame how pg reputation is being drug into the ground!......again!!!! This is going on strike 3!
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
ByBlaZeD

Post by ByBlaZeD »

Not happy to hear this... I had a xenon serviced in Florida in 2012 and had a great experience. They were the ones who pointed me to this phorum! Its a shame to see they seem to be slipping. Very sad indeed.
PG Collection in the making:
2 - ZX400ti
1 - X600.1
2 - X100.4
1 - Ti2500.1
1 - Ti800.4
1 - XS2300
1 - Sapphire SA3.0X
1 - XS124
1 - White Bass CUBE
1 - Black Bass CUBE
2 - TLD66
1 - XSC10
3 - LPL44
1 - BLK RMD
1 - RMD (New Style)
Fused Distro's
Non-Fused Distro's
RCA's

Non-PG.....
1 - JL e4300
1 - JL JX500/1
1 - RF Punch 200aIV
1 - RF Punch 250m
2 - RF P2D2-12
1 - RF P165-S (Locked up woofer after 6 months!! Stay Away LOL)
1 - MTX Thunder 2150X
1 - SS Reference 414s
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I would assume that they are still servicing current models. What is the cutoff for what they are willing to service. You can't sell a product and not offer a warranty in the US.

What I see this turning into is more old school amplifiers on eBay. These amps will be in major need of service, possibly more burned up boards because instead of getting them recapped people will try using them directly from their closet or storage and kaboom, then eBay.

It's a shame to see but every company has to weigh the cost vs benefit and it must have cost them way too much to service our older amps.

I would t be surprised if we hear in the next little while that the company is either sold or closed. This is one thing that hey try to do before giving up is cutting out services that don't profit.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ByBlaZeD

Post by ByBlaZeD »

Poor PG. Good point vwdude. Makes me sad if this is the case...
PG Collection in the making:
2 - ZX400ti
1 - X600.1
2 - X100.4
1 - Ti2500.1
1 - Ti800.4
1 - XS2300
1 - Sapphire SA3.0X
1 - XS124
1 - White Bass CUBE
1 - Black Bass CUBE
2 - TLD66
1 - XSC10
3 - LPL44
1 - BLK RMD
1 - RMD (New Style)
Fused Distro's
Non-Fused Distro's
RCA's

Non-PG.....
1 - JL e4300
1 - JL JX500/1
1 - RF Punch 200aIV
1 - RF Punch 250m
2 - RF P2D2-12
1 - RF P165-S (Locked up woofer after 6 months!! Stay Away LOL)
1 - MTX Thunder 2150X
1 - SS Reference 414s
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

that does suck as I would agree it is the beginning of the end when they stop servicing stuff. But now again you can get the gear shipped to you as though you ordered it online if you wanted it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

if they die I wish they stay dead it just sucks to see them keep trying and not make it work

very odd when you see imo lower end company's like kicker or even higher end like audison or focal make it if the market is soft I don't get it maybe its just a $$ game for aamp
2020 honda accord sport
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

its all about the business plan. this is a tough market for sure, and to make it you need to have your head in the game. it seems that the new PG has/had some good ideas with the elite/ti lines and then the other lower end lines, but you need to have a strong customer support and offer something that your competition does not (like made in USA, custom ordered options, so on).

honestly, it would be bad ass if we got a group of us together and bought the company. imagine the excitement it would bring just knowing that a brand is owned by enthusiasts rather than an investment firm or just a bunch of suits.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

AAMP will not ditch PG....have you guys seen their roster?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

they killed the accessory line which was what pg started from and probably had the best profits and better selection then anyone else.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

I guess they did that in order to make better accessories for Stinger.

Can't have two lines selling the same exact accessories, right?

Esoteric made the best accessories in my opinion...high quality made in USA. Didn't they make stuff for PG as well?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

idunno there are a lot of shops out there and normally they only carry one accessory brand line to contracts/agreements and such so that there are not multiple shops selling the same gear a block away. If they had two different brands then they could sell them at 2 different stores in the same town that are too close to carry the same line. But beyond that I have no idea why they ditched the pg line for stinger. I mean if I had to choose between the two lines PG was in that area a lot longer then stinger and had a lot better brand recognition.