-grey ms-2125- I FOUND IT!!!!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
quickrip

-grey ms-2125- I FOUND IT!!!!

Post by quickrip »

EDIT--It popped up on ebay
read last post

I've been wanting an ms amp for a while and today was my lucky day. I went to check this one out and it looked very nice so it is now my latest addition to the collection/ arsenal. I'm super stoked cause I got him down to $300 and it's very clean. I'm sure not as clean as some of you have with all your minty collections :roll: , but very nice indeed for an amp i will use. As always, it's not true unless there's pics, so here ya go. Lmk what you guys think.
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1112.JPG
IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG
Last edited by quickrip on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Collection:
PG- m100
ms2125 (with shroud) ms275 ms250
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
bass cube (x3) & OG Elite 12D (x2)
Sony- xes-M3(x3) xes-M1 xm-7557
Diamond audio- d7104 d7056 d7402
quickrip

Re: my craigslist score today -grey ms-2125-

Post by quickrip »

As soon as I got home from work today after getting the new amp I started right in to replace the caps. I can't wait to try her out!
For any of you out there searching for resolutions to fets stuck to the heatsink, I had good luck using the largest allen wrench that would fit in the fets through hole. I inserted the "L" portion into the through hole and applied very little pressure to release. This method worked flawless for me. Hopefully it will for others also.
IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG
The caps did indeed look to be leaking, but very little discharge so far.
IMG_1120.JPG
After a little contact cleaner she cleaned up beautifully.
IMG_1124.JPG
Thank you to all who posted cap replacement threads. It helped a lot.
Please don't mind my soldering work. I did the best I know how but I'm sure It's not up to professional standards.
IMG_1126.JPG
All done and upgraded to 5600uf caps. lookin' good!
IMG_1127.JPG
It was too late to test it out tonight so I'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Collection:
PG- m100
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Don't test it without the sink, you may cause serious damage. That amp is just plain beauty....you got a heck of deal on a pretty minty amp.

To make the removal of the transistors easier, try heating them up next time....with a heat gun or SMD rework station. Don't forget to replace the silpads (insulators).

Also BE EXTRA careful once you assemble it, check for any loose strands of wire (I say this because I notice you remove the speaker plugs from the wires and left the wires attached to the board (not a good idea, I leave the wires in and remove the whole block w/wires attached).
quickrip

Post by quickrip »

It's already installed in its heatsink I would never run it without. Thanks for the tip on the speaker blocks for next time. I was thinking that was risky after I pulled them out. I won't make that mistake twice.
Collection:
PG- m100
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

That's a beautiful amp indeed. I would have paid that much for that amp as well.

Good job on the caps. You probably could have used a little more heat on the solder to make it smoother but not bad for a first time.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Renovatio

Post by Renovatio »

never understand collecting amps, storing them for eyes pleasure :) amp is giving a pleasure for my ears and eyes when it's installed correctly with other system parts...lol. Ok you can have a car that never sees winter or wet air...but still, amps have to do their job!
Sounds like music...
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

The problem is you can only put so many amps in a car. And even plenty amps in your car doesn't stop the craving..
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

Renovatio wrote:never understand collecting amps, storing them for eyes pleasure :) amp is giving a pleasure for my ears and eyes when it's installed correctly with other system parts...lol. Ok you can have a car that never sees winter or wet air...but still, amps have to do their job!
guys collect amps, women collect shoes............ can you understand that....lol.......

most of there shoes they never use................ :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Renovatio

Post by Renovatio »

sorry, but i don't understand it ;) collecting art i understand. well that's only mine point of view...i don't want to discus to hard lol
Sounds like music...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

we might argue that the gold boards under plexi are art to us.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
quickrip

Post by quickrip »

Also if you notice in my op I call it a "collection/arsenal"
I often change up my system amps subs etc. I bought this
Fantastic piece of "art" to use and enjoy. It was designed for a purpose,
which I will take full advantage of.

Ben
Collection:
PG- m100
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

Wow that is clean!!! Nice find for sure. I love the gray MS amps.
capea4

Post by capea4 »

That's a beauty sir,
And thanks for rebuilding it, I like the fact that it was your first reaction. I think so many of us plan to do it, and shelve it till a "better day"
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

Very NICE, Enjoy!!
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

( I'm sure you know this, but just in case, Thermal Paste on those fets) like I said, just in case u didn't know, if so THEN AWESOME& ENJOY, SHES A Beauty
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
quickrip

Re: -grey ms-2125- PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by quickrip »

So recently I sent this amp down from where I live in northern ca to sothern ca for vwdude to make repairs. In transit it was lost. (possibly stolen) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm sooooo bummed out! this was my nicest pg amp, actually my favorite amp period.
I just wanted to have everyone on here aware of the situation cause we all are on the lookout for good pg equipment all the time. Maybe just maybe it will pop up for sale and return to someone here scouring the usual spots. Thank you everyone. And I will happily repay whatever it takes to get my amp returned to me. It is unworking at this point and in need of repair. The serial number is clearly visible on the original post and a very distinct scratch on the bottom also.
s# 21 0969
I know this is a long shot but I've got no other chance. Thanks everyone and have a good weekend.

Ben
Collection:
PG- m100
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

That sucks hope you find it one day :-)
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

That is a tragedy!!! Hope you get it back.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Damn that sucks man will definitely keep an eye out.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

just disappeared huh? That sucks...
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

quickrip wrote:So recently I sent this amp down from where I live in northern ca to sothern ca for vwdude to make repairs. In transit it was lost. (possibly stolen) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm sooooo bummed out! this was my nicest pg amp, actually my favorite amp period.
I just wanted to have everyone on here aware of the situation cause we all are on the lookout for good pg equipment all the time. Maybe just maybe it will pop up for sale and return to someone here scouring the usual spots. Thank you everyone. And I will happily repay whatever it takes to get my amp returned to me. It is unworking at this point and in need of repair. The serial number is clearly visible on the original post and a very distinct scratch on the bottom also.
s# 21 0969
I know this is a long shot but I've got no other chance. Thanks everyone and have a good weekend.

Ben
How was it shipped? Whether you had the package insured or not, you are entitled to compensation so don't write it off! I know you want the amp, but at least get your money from the shipper so if another one comes up you aren't out of pocket for a replacement. I hope it turns up though...

If its any consolation, I worked for a company that was subcontracted by the USPS for several years, shit does get lost and turn up all the time...one summer we found an aircraft container with about 4,000 lbs of priority mail in it mixed in where we stored the empty aircraft containers...the mail was from the previous Christmas :shock: . Not like that happens every day, but certainly not an isolated incident.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I though all packages came with a minimum $100 insurance or something, assuming you sent it usps.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I want to provide some more info on what seems to have happened. Ben sent me a box with a few amps, all packed up well. This ms2125 was packed inside a flat rate box and placed inside the larger box with all of the other amps. When the large box arrived at my house it was badly damaged. Two of the corners were ripped, possibly from a large drop. The box also armed to have been resealed as there was lots of tape.

It should be noted that it took USPS 2 weeks to get from northern Cali to southern cali because it went back and forth a few times between 2 facilities.

When I opened the box there was a lot of open space inside. The other amps were in there, just the extra amp in its own box was missing. I suspect that when it took on the damage it must have opened and the contents must have fallen out. They were able to figure out what went in the box because the rest of the amps had matching bubble wrap but there was a flat rate box that was also there and since it didn't match they must have assumed it didn't belong. But since the flat rate box didn't have any info, it probably either got sent to Atlanta where the "lost and found" is or someone took it.

I feel horrible about the situation. If there's anything I can do to help I will/would. I still have the box that it all came in, just in case the USPS asks for it as proof of what happened.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

so did you try to file a claim?
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

USPS has the sender file the claim. I did go into the post office. They were not very helpful. They said to have the sender go to their webpage and fill out a claim form and send it in. It is my understanding that Ben did this.

I brought the box in to show them though. They said that when a box takes on damage like that they are supposed to put a label on it. They also are not supposed to just drop it off but wait for you to open it and make sure everything is ok inside. Lol