-grey ms-2125- I FOUND IT!!!!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
trickyricky

Re: -grey ms-2125- PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by trickyricky »

They do place a "sorry you're package for a bit damaged in the shipping process please excuse us..." something like that. I know as i got one from usps that looked like a giant rat ate half of the box.

It's not a good idea to ship more than 45-50 lbs inside one large box...unless it has a extra tough cardboard box and lots of packaging material and taped up real good.
quickrip

Post by quickrip »

I guess I should have clarified a little. Vwdude was in every way a fantastic help in trying to help me recover my lost item. He even went as far as trying to refund the payment for repairing other amps in the same deal. A real stand up guy for sure.
All avenues have been looked at through usps. They do have a sort of "lost and found" spot in Atlanta and I have sent pics and a reclaim form to them for this.
My point for this post was merely to get you guys on the lookout for my amp if it should pop up for sale. I appreciate the help.
Again vwdude, thank you for your help and effort through this shitty situation.
(Sounds like someone died or something. Haha)

Ben
Collection:
PG- m100
ms2125 (with shroud) ms275 ms250
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
bass cube (x3) & OG Elite 12D (x2)
Sony- xes-M3(x3) xes-M1 xm-7557
Diamond audio- d7104 d7056 d7402
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

what I do when I send items like amps is to make a sticky with all my info( my info as well as person I am sending it too, and I write on the sticky the instructions of what I am doing) on it and stick it on the amp via clear sleeve and tape. this way if it falls out someone with a good heart could box or make a phone call to inform me of the situation.
never had that happen but its a precaution I take.

I hope you get some compensation or the amp back.

aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
quickrip

Re: -grey ms-2125- I FOUND IT!!!!

Post by quickrip »

So after usps was no help at all at returning my amplifier, I had all but given up. They have a lost mail recovery center in Atlanta and after they let it sit for thirty days they auction everything off. What pisses me off is that I want through every step to fax pics to them and fill out numerous forms with no results. It popped up on the bay for $300 within 15 miles of Atlanta, so I know it should have been returned if anyone gave a fuck to do their job. I had to have it after it surfaced so I paid the $300 and snatched it back. The guy said it was used, implying that it worked and unless he had repaired it I knew that it didn't. I received it today and of course he didn't protect the terminals. so I'm in the process of trying to get some money out of him. We all know how easy that will be. :pray:
Anyway The power and one of the speaker terminals were busted and I'd reallllllly like to get this thing back up to snuff. After all this I have to. If anyone could find it in their heart to give up some off a parts amp or something I would be forever grateful. I'll be sending it back down to Vwdude for the repair that I tried for once already.
Regardless of the situation I think it's so cool that I have it back in my hands. She might be a little beat up but mine again just the same. I'm so stoked to have it back.

Ben
Collection:
PG- m100
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

im glad you got it back!!! i sent my alpine off 2 years ago to northern california to be repaired and i cannot even get him to send it back broken :(
i loved that amp too!!! it was a mrv1505 to match my mrvf505. they guy wont even respond to my emails anymore :doh:

after all that you have gone through with this amp i would never sell it.....lol
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I was glad when you said you found it on eBay and I'm even more glad you got back in your hands. Yes it sucks that it's damaged but I'm sure someone has spare parts for these.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
quickrip

Post by quickrip »

I also called and spoke to the usps investigators due to the fact that it came up for sale. They basically said that it was probably auctioned off and the seller is selling it legally.Tthey were no help either.

But good news the seller agreed and already refunded $175 of the $300 I paid due to the broken terminals. I didn't go into the fact that the amp will not work. I just kept it simple and I'm satisfied to have it back for $125. Again if anyone could spare some grey terminals that would be great, but for now I will probably just try and salvage the pieces and get it sent off to vwdude for repair.
Collection:
PG- m100
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Glad you got it back...sucks you had to pay out of pocket to even see it again. But hey at least you got it back.
NOT 2 OLD YET

Post by NOT 2 OLD YET »

quickrip wrote:I also called and spoke to the usps investigators due to the fact that it came up for sale. They basically said that it was probably auctioned off and the seller is selling it legally.Tthey were no help either.

But good news the seller agreed and already refunded $175 of the $300 I paid due to the broken terminals. I didn't go into the fact that the amp will not work. I just kept it simple and I'm satisfied to have it back for $125. Again if anyone could spare some grey terminals that would be great, but for now I will probably just try and salvage the pieces and get it sent off to vwdude for repair.
Got to love USPS. You pay for our services to ship your amp, then we loose the amp, then we sell the amp, then we are no help to you at all because we are all certified retards, then you buy amp off of e-bay from someone that probably stole it in the first place (Employee of the month I am sure) and then we get more money to ship it back to you, and just because we love our customers so very much we break it for you. Does this about sum it up or what? Way to go USPS.
Collection And Still Growing:
M-100, 50,2,44s, and 25
RT 66 #0840, Outlaw#1005, Bandit#1884, MQ430
MS2125, MS275, MS 2250 W/shroud 3MPS2500, 2 MPS2240 Custom MPS4740
EQ215, EQ215ix,EQ 230 W/TBAt, ZX600TI, 400TI, TI500.4
2 PLD1, MX2, 2 Leather Team PG Jackets
TBA (Dealer Display Empty Guts)10'XS Subs
AX204, 406 (New In Box)
Eclipse ECD413 + DSP1001 , 2 JL 8W6
Installed: PG MPS2500 and Modified By PG MQ430
ZBB34TI With ZRDT3, and RMD
Audison Bit 10
PG Elite and Sapphire 6.5 Comps
JL 13TW5 subs
dako

Post by dako »

I've have a few USPS horror stories... My favorite? I bought a rare $100 record off of e-bay (original pressing of Mission Of Burma: Vs.) and it showed up to me 2 months later in one of those plastic "sorry there was a horrific issue with that thing you've been waiting on forever..." bags. Best part? And I kid you not, the record was burnt. As in, it seriously looked like it was in the middle of a forest fire. I took the whole thing (still smelling like burnt vinyl and cardboard) to my local USPS office and gave them the mother of all WTF looks. The lady just looked at me like it happens all the time.

Sorry to hear you had to go through such a major ordeal. Stuff like that really takes a lot of time and energy.
2007 Scion Tc
Kenwood DDX9907XR
JL Audio TwK88
JL Audio HD900/5
Morel Virtus 602
IDQ12 V.4 D2 Sealed
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

NOT 2 OLD YET wrote:
quickrip wrote:I also called and spoke to the usps investigators due to the fact that it came up for sale. They basically said that it was probably auctioned off and the seller is selling it legally.Tthey were no help either.

Got to love USPS. You pay for our services to ship your amp, then we loose the amp, then we sell the amp, then we are no help to you at all because we are all certified retards, then you buy amp off of e-bay from someone that probably stole it in the first place (Employee of the month I am sure) and then we get more money to ship it back to you, and just because we love our customers so very much we break it for you. Does this about sum it up or what? Way to go USPS.

Gotta love government run shipping. Maybe they should stay out of something they do so poorly at. I've heard similar stories about the others but I've personally never dealt with nearly as much incompetence as this situation.

Ben I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this amp and restoring it back to working co diction for you.
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

vwdude wrote: Gotta love government run shipping. Maybe they should stay out of something they do so poorly at. I've heard similar stories about the others but I've personally never dealt with nearly as much incompetence as this situation.

Ben I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this amp and restoring it back to working co diction for you.

sooooooo....what your saying is they should stop EVERYthing they do because they are not good at any of it right now!!! lol and to that i agree!!!!!
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I think they need to allow the USPS to be run by a business person rather than government workers.
quickrip

Post by quickrip »

trickyricky wrote:Glad you got it back...sucks you had to pay out of pocket to even see it again. But hey at least you got it back.
thx man
NOT 2 OLD YET wrote: Does this about sum it up or what? Way to go USPS.
haha yup.
dako wrote: I took the whole thing (still smelling like burnt vinyl and cardboard) to my local USPS office and gave them the mother of all WTF looks. The lady just looked at me like it happens all the time.
Sorry to hear you had to go through such a major ordeal. Stuff like that really takes a lot of time and energy.
I got the same response even from the inspectors. Nobody gave even one shit. Thanks, I appreciate that.
vwdude wrote:Ben I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this amp and restoring it back to working co diction for you.

It's coming to you soon. I'm going to pull the terminals and the bus bars out to straighten and repair them first so you don't have to deal with that. I'll let you focus on the actual repair.
Collection:
PG- m100
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover