Young kid under my PG wing!!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Young kid under my PG wing!!

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

I got this young friend of mine who I met through work. Hes 22... so hes been asking me to help him hook up a stereo in his Sunfire. Im one not to judge, I dont care what kind of gear he picks up, Ill hook it up to make it sound as good as it can and maybe fill his ear with, " you do know there is better gear out there right??" He says "yeah I know" ...so long story short, he bought some Hertz Diecies, low end I know, but its still a decent product. So at first his sub amp was an MB QUART ONYX...nice little amp, I know its Maxxsonics but they actually sound pretty good for the money. So fast forward a month and he found an RSD MONO BLOCK and the QX 4 channel....Well I think the poor kid is going to go broke!!!! Hes super stoked with how the PG's sound and now he wants more!!!Now hes asking about the different tiers of amps and what not.....HE WANTS NOTHING BUT PG NOW!! And he also wants to turf his diecies and go up a tier or 2..... Ilove teaching younger kids what real power sounds like...!!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
vwdude

Re: Young kid under my PG wing!!

Post by vwdude »

That's so nice of you to take him under your wing like that. Steer him to my items that I have for sale. Some great OS subs in BNIB condition. :wink:
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

That is awesome. I am currently working on the same thing with a few friends from work.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

we all start somewhere.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
tetraag

Post by tetraag »

Me too! I just had a local college kid pull all my old equipment from my van. I gave him an xs2300 and a idq 12 v1 for his trouble. He was over the moon.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

That is how i got started. A guy i work with (still) who is a little older steered me in the right direction. Now we basically feed off of each other. I bought a lot of my first gear from him 17 years ago. Now he has bought a ZX350, ZX450, Basscube, Pld1, a gang of MB quarts and his distro blocks off me!

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces