would you change it?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

would you change it?

Post by ttocs »

I have been trying to get the badge on my alt redone for ever and been held up by one thing or another. I was just looking for something along the same lines as what was on it but it seems as though I can only find cheap vinyl or else they want me to print a couple hundred or want a hundred bucks for one. I know its not going to be cheap but it should not be that hard either and I don't mind paying as long as its something nice. After some searching then I found this site.

http://billetbadges.com/

Why not do it right with a nice solid badge like that huh? Now the real question is should I keep it the same or have some fun with it? This is what it looked like originally now of course the case is gloss black and the fan is polished.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40 ... 1752-1.jpg

I thought about something like "14V HIGH CURRENT BAD MOFO" or some thing small and simple or possibly having a high voltage symbol or something worked in. What would you do? I also at the moment don't have access to that logo. Does anyone else have a jpg of it, or any other logo you think would loo better? I cant decide
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Weaklink

Re: would you change it?

Post by Weaklink »

When you have artwork I'll see what I can do for you
2008 toy tundra
Kenwood dnx-9980hd
Hertz hi energy 3-way
Hertz hi energy coax
M50 ser# M500001
M25 ser#M2500001
Outlaw x3
Bandit x4
Route 66 x2
M100x3
M44x2
M50 x4
M25 x5
Powercore 15
Ti Basscube
And other goodies
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

what does that mean exactly?
Weaklink

Post by Weaklink »

You had some artwork for the plaque you were waiting for and I was going to try and get it etched into some metal for you.
2008 toy tundra
Kenwood dnx-9980hd
Hertz hi energy 3-way
Hertz hi energy coax
M50 ser# M500001
M25 ser#M2500001
Outlaw x3
Bandit x4
Route 66 x2
M100x3
M44x2
M50 x4
M25 x5
Powercore 15
Ti Basscube
And other goodies
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea that idea came to a stop unfortunately. My brother the digital artist that I was hoping could take the 5 mins it would take to make the vector file to do it is basically in a mid life crisis. I have been trying to get him to do this favor since thanksgiving but when I ask about it all I hear is that he got the email he has the pic but has not worked on it. So that was when I found this site and he does the art for you.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Does anyone have any of the pg logos in jpg or vector that are not on the manual/logo page? I am going to have the same guy that made those cool little badges for the carbon fiber gear make one similar to those with the raised letters and all and need to get the artwork together for him so he can make the file to machine it.

This was how it looked originally and I think I like that version of their logo best but I am open to suggestions as well as to what files I have available.

Also what about changing the wording to something more fun/colorful like "14VDC High Output Mother Fucker" or "14VDC Old School Mofo"? I mean I can make it anything I want, what would you do? Keep it original or make it a surprise/easter egg for anyone that actually take the time to look? It will honestly be one of the only brand names showing under the hood as I have taken the time to grind off the raised "Edelbrock" on the throttle body and wiped the "TAYLOR" name off of the spark plugs as it just bugs me to have them everywhere. So with this one showing on the front of the motor it might get read but with as small as it is I think it would be fun to surprise people a little. I think instead of the "POWERFLOW" what ever I might substitute "OLD SCHOOL" or something..
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

doesn't anyone have any different logos?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ok well you mofo's were no help :clap: but I went ahead and had stewards little custom badge making friend make me one. He is sending it to me raw so I can bend it around the alts case and then paint it myself. I could not help but play with it a little. I mean if I am going to be forced to make something custom, I am going to enjoy it a little and make something custom ya know :roll: ? Now I just need to decide if I want to use gloss/satin/flat pant and if I want to brush or polish the raised areas. Any opinions on that? The alt is gloss black and the outside of the fan is polished so I think I want to keep those matching but not sure.

Hard to believe that was all machined out on a 1.25" x 4" plate I mean I am honestly amazed.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

that looks tits!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

Damn nice detail!!!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

can't wait to see it on the alt, on the motor. Anxiously awaiting this, another carbon fiber goody and hopefully a new set of wheels. Should be a fun month
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Damn that looks awesome! ! :clap: