TBA1 questions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Alfaholic

TBA1 questions

Post by Alfaholic »

Hi, im checking out my tba1 because im getting everything ready for my install and i got some questions abot it.

1: The recevier box power connections got +,- and remote there is also a DR what is it for?

2: Signal isolation got a switch float and common what is the difference between them?.

3: Is there a manual for the tba1 anywhere on this phorum?
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
zeropoint0.5

Re: TBA1 questions

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... ctions.pdf

the DR or delay remote will make you're amps turn on with a delay of 3 seconds..............

the switch you're talking about give you the ability to have a grounded or floated signal......

it depends from car to car and system to system what is the best option........
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

zeropoint0.5 wrote:http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... ctions.pdf

the DR or delay remote will make you're amps turn on with a delay of 3 seconds..............

the switch you're talking about give you the ability to have a grounded or floated signal......

it depends from car to car and system to system what is the best option........

Thanks for your help i will read the manual i got terrible alternator sound now so i hope the tba1 and the capacitors helps with that.
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

it should help as long as your not picking up the noise before the transmitter.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

ttocs wrote:it should help as long as your not picking up the noise before the transmitter.
I have done the big three and grounded the pioneer chasis but i got to change that HU its so sensetive im going to try with my alpine HU and see if that makes a difference if not i will make new wire to the HU.
Is there a way to remove noize from the power wire to the HU like a small HU capacitor?, i tested the charging from alternator yesterday i got 14.35v back with the amplifier is there some way to test the alternator to see if it makes the noize?
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Pioneers are notorious for picking up ground noise thru the rca's. Usually only their higher end models (premier).

A lot of people including myself actually ground the the rca's to the chasis of the hu. I did this on my unit in my pickup because it had the whine too. And it completely went away. Now my 4runner has the exact same model as the truck (premier deh-p880prs both cars) and i didnt have to ground it on the 4runner.

Try that and see what u get
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

perhaps the pico fuse or resistor on the rca's shields inside the HU is open/blown.
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

trickyricky wrote:perhaps the pico fuse or resistor on the rca's shields inside the HU is open/blown.
I tried grounding rca and chassis on the HU but it made no difference its a brand new HU but it could be something wrong with it but instead of finding out im changing it to the alpine because its a much better HU
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

not sure if its your deck or not but there was a fairly long run of pioneer decks that if you played them using the rca's and then disconnected and shorted out the center pin of the rca you would blow a pico fuse, even with the deck off. After that your deck will have more noise. you can test too see if you deck has this issue but simple taking a piece of wire and stripping a 1/8" off of it. Disconnect your rca's and then slide the wire in between the outer metal connection of the rca. Now ground that wire with the deck playing and see if the noise goes away. If it does you can simply just leave it rigged up like that or pay to get the pico fuse replace.
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

ttocs wrote:not sure if its your deck or not but there was a fairly long run of pioneer decks that if you played them using the rca's and then disconnected and shorted out the center pin of the rca you would blow a pico fuse, even with the deck off. After that your deck will have more noise. you can test too see if you deck has this issue but simple taking a piece of wire and stripping a 1/8" off of it. Disconnect your rca's and then slide the wire in between the outer metal connection of the rca. Now ground that wire with the deck playing and see if the noise goes away. If it does you can simply just leave it rigged up like that or pay to get the pico fuse replace.

I have tried grounding the rca on HU but it made no difference it got a litle better when i grounded the chasis on the HU, i bought a heater seat to have in the child seat for my young boy and when i plug it in it makes alot of noize.
Because of the increase in noise im thinking of putting in new wires to the HU, im thinking of taking it directly from battery and ignition switch and see if it helps.
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

When you grounded the rca, did you ground to the radio's chassis or did you go to a spot in the dash or a ground wire?
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

That child will just have to seat in a cold seat....lol..
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

trickyricky wrote:That child will just have to seat in a cold seat....lol..

Yup i lie to him and say its on, i go crazy of that blody beeping i hope i can make it go away with changing the HU and putting in new wires if not i will have no other choise the replacing the alternator who i suspect is the causing the sound as it changes with the rpm.
I have grounded the engine and the chasis to the battery and im going to put a 4 gauge from the + on the alternator to the battery but the alternator is under the intake manifoild behind the engine so its shitty job, changing the alternator is a days work on my car so i realy hope i dont have to change it.
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Alfaholic wrote:
trickyricky wrote:That child will just have to seat in a cold seat....lol..

Yup i lie to him and say its on, i go crazy of that blody beeping i hope i can make it go away with changing the HU and putting in new wires if not i will have no other choise the replacing the alternator who i suspect is the causing the sound as it changes with the rpm.
I have grounded the engine and the chasis to the battery and im going to put a 4 gauge from the + on the alternator to the battery but the alternator is under the intake manifoild behind the engine so its shitty job, changing the alternator is a days work on my car so i realy hope i dont have to change it.
Don't change the alternator just yet. It is highly unlikely that it is the culprit. I've done this before and it didn't help. Check your grounds and swap out the headunit with another one or another source like an iPod.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

Alternator change is the last option it charges 14,35volt so its should be good, im thinking of making new ground spot in the trunk i was thinking of welding a bolt in the floor right where the amplifiers go that way they will be short and i can get a good clean ground.
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

I would also keep investigating this before you throw a new alternator at it, but a couple things to consider. Assuming you read 14.3 with the car idling and little to no load on the charging system, its still possible the alternator, or part of it, is faulty. Since you're chasing a noise issue, you should check ripple voltage at the alternator output with a some load on the system to rule out an open diode. Does the noise get worse when you load down the charging system heavily? Or only when the seat heater is plugged in?

You should test the battery as well since its so easy to do/have done, namely for a bad cell(s) or just near end of life/reduced capacity, otherwise you're just fighting an uphill battle.
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

ajaye wrote:I would also keep investigating this before you throw a new alternator at it, but a couple things to consider. Assuming you read 14.3 with the car idling and little to no load on the charging system, its still possible the alternator, or part of it, is faulty. Since you're chasing a noise issue, you should check ripple voltage at the alternator output with a some load on the system to rule out an open diode. Does the noise get worse when you load down the charging system heavily? Or only when the seat heater is plugged in?

You should test the battery as well since its so easy to do/have done, namely for a bad cell(s) or just near end of life/reduced capacity, otherwise you're just fighting an uphill battle.
I tested it yesterday with an bosch battery/alternator tester and it test under load +++, the battery and alternator is okay the battery is one year and from a quality brand.
Im going to pull out all the wires and stat from scratch using better quality in the wires and hooking up capacitor and using the tba1 pluss the new HU if that does not fix the problem i will sell the car lol
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66