Need set up advise

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
vwdude

Need set up advise

Post by vwdude »

Ok so my current plan is running dynaudio tweeters and 6.5" mids active, each set off a zpa0.3, then run my eclipse aluminum sub off my zpa0.5. For mids and highs Id run the zpx2 crossover and the sub would be directly through the head unit to have easier sub controls. Of course it would all be through a tld66 line driver in the dash.

Now that I have the black zx350 and pair of zx200s im starting to reconsider. What if I ran the midbass off the 350 (I have the dyn 8" or 6.5), my dynaudio 3" mids off a 200 and the tweeters off the other 200, and of course the zpa0.5 on the sub still?

I have all of the pieces to make either setup work but the latter would require that I come up with a way to mount the mids.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Weaklink

Re: Need set up advise

Post by Weaklink »

Your the zpa guy :lol: I'd run the zpa's. It would all match then.
2008 toy tundra
Kenwood dnx-9980hd
Hertz hi energy 3-way
Hertz hi energy coax
M50 ser# M500001
M25 ser#M2500001
Outlaw x3
Bandit x4
Route 66 x2
M100x3
M44x2
M50 x4
M25 x5
Powercore 15
Ti Basscube
And other goodies
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Yes true. I guess I was thinking that a zpa0.3 to run a pair of tweeters would be excessive and it seems that the zx200 would be a good match, also the black zx matches the ZPA perfectly.

I think you are right, leave it how I planned.
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

I don't think you can go wrong either way. My only concern would be how you would be mounting option two without imaging losing focus from up high enough and in front unless those 3's play pretty low, not a huge deal to overcome though. Have you considered going dual mono with either option? ie one ZPA 0.3 drives left channel highpass and bandpass, the other 0.3 drives the right channel highpass and bandpass. I always wanted to do a build that way.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Hmm that's an interesting idea. What would I gain from that? The ZPAs are capable as each Channel has its own gain control.
Bchester6

Post by Bchester6 »

May I ask what kind of car this is all going in to?
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

vwdude wrote:Hmm that's an interesting idea. What would I gain from that? The ZPAs are capable as each Channel has its own gain control.
You eliminate channel "cross talk" during amplification. In theory your channel separation is infinite at the amplifiers' inputs because even if there is cross talk between the left and right channels of each amplifier, both channels of the amplifier are being fed filtered versions of the same channel's signal. Audible difference? Probably not, but it sounds cool when you tell people about it. 8)