so did pg fall off earth or what?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Chiapet

so did pg fall off earth or what?

Post by Chiapet »

Theres been no activity on their web page, they havent replied to a thread in months and theres no word on status of Zen 9 which many people (myself included) paid damn good money for.
I'd like a bit of common courtesy from them by at least keeping us up to date.
Drock

Re: so did pg fall off earth or what?

Post by Drock »

I am wondering what's up as well. I've called for service a couple times. Sometimes it takes days to hear back or not at all.
Bchester6

Post by Bchester6 »

It may be the end of the rebirth.
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

U know what gets me is there recently has been a surge of oss and good sq demand this past year and looks to be a great market to tap into. You have usa made brands and quality sq gear thats being bought and demanded.

Look at blues and LP. I mean shit they are really blowing up, american made, winning the comps, warranty work inhouse, and they are even servicing their older stuff. And people want this shit like crazy.

Then you have audiofrog, hertz, mosconi juat to name a few.

But theres a demand, i just dont know why aamp are being selfish dicks. They need to get their shit together before the rebirth as they call it becomes another buyout name and has already gone down the road of dei and etc
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

They're only interested in one thing and one thing only.....the mighty $. Which causes them to loose focus on their products/customer service and their rep. That is how many, if not all, companies work today. Only focus on the $, sad but true.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

There is no market for car audio. When I was a kid every 10-15 minutes a loud stereo would drive by and shake the house. It became such a normal occurrence no one ever gave much thought to it. It has been well over a year since someone drove by and shook my house.

If no one wants to buy car audio, no one will make any profit selling it. Hell, I think a lot of kids these days could care less if they have a car or not.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

Eric D wrote: Hell, I think a lot of kids these days could care less if they have a car or not.

loosers..... :lol:

maybe when to bottom falls out of the market all our favorite old school amps will hit rock bottom prices and we can grow our collections :mrgreen: :clap:
quickrip

Post by quickrip »

I was standing in line at the dmv on my 16th birthday with big plans to go out cruisin around town in my dads chevy truck that night. I had been awaiting that day for months. Like you said kids now don't care at all. It seems so odd to me.
Collection:
PG- m100
ms2125 (with shroud) ms275 ms250
zpa0.5
Xvr-2 crossover
bass cube (x3) & OG Elite 12D (x2)
Sony- xes-M3(x3) xes-M1 xm-7557
Diamond audio- d7104 d7056 d7402
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have heard of more then a couple of my friends kids not getting their license at 16 for one reason or another but basically because they didn't want too. How did my generation screw up the next so badly..... OF course the other half is still trying to text and drive so it might be for the best since they can't go 3 secs with out looking at their phone.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

They are more interested in the next i-phone that will be release so they can replace their current one. Society has become a big toddler, wants more and more toys then as soon as it gets tired of all those toys they just get pushed to the corner of the room or trash.
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

quickrip wrote:I was standing in line at the dmv on my 16th birthday with big plans to go out cruisin around town in my dads chevy truck that night. I had been awaiting that day for months. Like you said kids now don't care at all. It seems so odd to me.

thats how i was!!! turning 16 and getting my license was my ticket to freedom!!!! i had my car all ready and the day i got my license i was a free man!!! my parents also dropped my curfew that day too......we used to go cruise main street in our little town and the other little towns close to us. it was a good time!!!! i still like to cruise, but not many opportunities to do so anymore, except local car show cruise nights. :?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

we had a strip here we cruised back in high school. Friday/saterday night there was just a line of traffic from one light to the other with every call full of kids. Not sure what they do now in high school as I have seen the strip is completely bare on weekends now and there just isn't much to do around here.
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

thats how it was in fremont nebraska too, they had a main square we cruised, bumper to bumper 5mph and every car was full of kids......chicks everywhere!!! loud stereos in almost every car...........washer tank full of jack n coke with a hose run into the ashtray :lol: but its the same here.....the strips are dead, kids dont have cool cars they take pride in anymore..........now if they have a car they see it as a way to go from point a to b and nothing else.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I don't think it's the 16 year olds that would be buying Phoenix gold. It's Us, and our age range. They need to e marketing to the 25-45 age, those who knew PG back in the heyday of car audio but couldn't afford it. We are the ones who have the money to buy the higher end stuff now.

Even more, PG has a free source of data to figure out what ear target audience wants...this phorum. I'd love to see more back and forth discussion on here with AAMP. It's great that Morgan comes on here. He and I have exchanged emails in the past as well. Is he really the only one?
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

twisted wrote:thats how it was in fremont nebraska too, they had a main square we cruised, bumper to bumper 5mph and every car was full of kids......chicks everywhere!!! loud stereos in almost every car...........washer tank full of jack n coke with a hose run into the ashtray :lol: but its the same here.....the strips are dead, kids dont have cool cars they take pride in anymore..........now if they have a car they see it as a way to go from point a to b and nothing else.

Oh man that brings back memories....My older brother would take me to those bumper to bumper 5mph cruises downtown and they were exactly as you mentioned full of young kids all chatting with people in other cars on other lanes, then finishing the chat when you met up again on next loop. Custom cars that teenagers took pride on rebuilding, most probably borrowed from uncles..shit now you have FB.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

We are getting old....I will be 40 in October I had pg when I was 16 I lived at home had a job working at food dog worked all the time in the summer. I spent all my money on car audio,cd's, gas and girls. I used to get off work and ride the beach road kitty hawk nags head I would also go to va beach strip and ride but I would always get a noise ordinance ticket. I would have to get my mom to go to court with me because I was a minor funny shit. All of my old school phoenix gold brings back memories.
Attachments
20150606_153117.jpg
20150606_153117.jpg (133.15 KiB) Viewed 12360 times
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

That wasn't my first pg amp it was a first gen m25 I don't have the receipt for that but I still have a stack of receipt's don't have all of them I used to keep all my boxes and receipts. I also started working for the same stereo shop when I graduated from high school I was 17.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I probably should not admit this, but I was almost 18 before I got my drivers license. I had a car stereo way before a car, but had no interest in driving. I only finally bought a car and got my license because I got a job and needed a way to get there and back.

To this day I still don't like driving. I only drive to work and back, my wife drives all other times. I think I got lucky meeting her, as she gets motion sickness if she is not behind the wheel, so it works out best for the both of us.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I don't think this site has enough traffic for any company to pull data from and hope to make money but I would agree that they are not the company for the average 16 yr old. They never really were with the prices they got I mean that was a lot of money back then. I mean everyone I knew wanted a nice PG amp but I can only think of one guy back then that actually had one... They have always been a high end company its just unfortunate that now they want to keep the high end prices but not the service. With out he service I think they will get killed by all the little companies that offer the same crappy service.
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

trickyricky wrote:
twisted wrote:thats how it was in fremont nebraska too, they had a main square we cruised, bumper to bumper 5mph and every car was full of kids......chicks everywhere!!! loud stereos in almost every car...........washer tank full of jack n coke with a hose run into the ashtray :lol: but its the same here.....the strips are dead, kids dont have cool cars they take pride in anymore..........now if they have a car they see it as a way to go from point a to b and nothing else.

Oh man that brings back memories....My older brother would take me to those bumper to bumper 5mph cruises downtown and they were exactly as you mentioned full of young kids all chatting with people in other cars on other lanes, then finishing the chat when you met up again on next loop. Custom cars that teenagers took pride on rebuilding, most probably borrowed from uncles..shit now you have FB.

man the good ole days!!! and all us kids together nobody ever pulled out a gun, very rare to see fights.....we all got along and BS'd together with people we didnt know....lol good times bro! eta: and we had good music :lol:
Chiapet

Post by Chiapet »

Thanks for highjacking the thread guys
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Haha sorry.

Have you tried talking to a PG dealer?
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Chiapet

Post by Chiapet »

Yeah they getting the same silence
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I went to one about a month ago to ask about the zen9. He knew less then I did and took my name/number and said he would get back to me. STill waiting...