Ms8

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Drock

Ms8

Post by Drock »

Has anyone else had issues with an jbl ms8 causing an echo while using Bluetooth.

I love my ms8 but thinking of pulling it out because when I use my phone, everyone says the echo is bad. But when I disconnect it the echo goes away.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Ms8

Post by ttocs »

if its a hands free unit with a mic that you mounted somewhere try moving the mic, or even just facing it a different direction.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Drock

Post by Drock »

It's not the mic,
Bluetooth is through my h/u. Alone it works perfectly. I only get the echo when I run signal through the processor.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the feedback is probably directly because of the mic either facing a speaker or somehow causing the the noise that is being fed to the processor. I only got to help set up and work a bands sound board few times but it was amazing how bad noise/reverb can get when the mic is in the wrong location sometimes even just facing it a few degrees. I am assuming the mic is hard mounted in the deck? IS there an aux input for it by chance where you can mount an external and play with where its mounted and how it faces.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

thats how the ms8 is. It adds a 8ms delay before time alignment so that creates an echo in the mic. You can't get away from it. There's an update available where you can change the mute button on the remote to defeat the processing during phone calls but that requires you to hit it whenever you answer and then hit it again when you are done.

This was one reason why I dumped my MS8.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Drock

Post by Drock »

I am thinking of yanking my ms8 out now as well. Sick of this damn echo.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have said it before and its why I have been waiting to make the jump to digital eq'ing because no matter how great you hear they are there is almost always one deal breaker that you put up with just to make it work. As I type this it scares me since I finally made the jump to digital and I am just waiting to see what the deal breaker is on it that I have to deal with. They kind of remind me of apple products. When it first comes out until the next model comes out, it is the absolutely best thing you could have ever got. But then when the new version comes out the Ipeople will start to tell you what they really didn't like about it...