Bass CUBE remote issue - need one!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
NotDeafYet

Bass CUBE remote issue - need one!

Post by NotDeafYet »

Just acquired a yellow bass cube unit yesterday. Yellow. Pretty nice shape, silkscreening is all there, just a few scuffs, no rust. Pretty stoked.

However, it didn't come with the remote. I've read enough old threads where a few people have made the remote knobs.

Just asking everyone.. in a recent post.. where can I get one? Who makes them? Also sent an email to PG, but I doubt they'll have one to sell.. can't hurt to try!

Not my actual unit, but haven't seen yellow ones before!

Actual acquired unit...
Actual bass cube
Actual bass cube
NOT 2 OLD YET

Re: Bass CUBE remote issue - need one!

Post by NOT 2 OLD YET »

Ask Tricky Ricky.
Collection And Still Growing:
M-100, 50,2,44s, and 25
RT 66 #0840, Outlaw#1005, Bandit#1884, MQ430
MS2125, MS275, MS 2250 W/shroud 3MPS2500, 2 MPS2240 Custom MPS4740
EQ215, EQ215ix,EQ 230 W/TBAt, ZX600TI, 400TI, TI500.4
2 PLD1, MX2, 2 Leather Team PG Jackets
TBA (Dealer Display Empty Guts)10'XS Subs
AX204, 406 (New In Box)
Eclipse ECD413 + DSP1001 , 2 JL 8W6
Installed: PG MPS2500 and Modified By PG MQ430
ZBB34TI With ZRDT3, and RMD
Audison Bit 10
PG Elite and Sapphire 6.5 Comps
JL 13TW5 subs
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Haha that was my post. The yellow ones are really rare. Agreed, talk to tricky Ricky. I recently sold mine.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

It's yellow.. it'll clash a bit with my other components.. then again, it'll pop out :)

I sent an email, not a pm, to Rick.. hope he'll get back to me. Heck. The guy should make a few more and sell them on ebay.

It's always drove me bananas to see people sell stuff, or pawn in this case, without all the pieces. It's a simple knob. It's not like people WELD them in the cars!

I've seen his work on a thread I found, after being told to contact Rick. Pretty nice. If I'm lucky enough to get one made, I think Ill get it powder coated black, and try to find a nice little sticker or two to put on it. It'll look nice beside the epicenter knob.

Audio stuff is worse than drugs.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

I do not make the metal mounting case, only the pcb with the components along with the cable. Shouldn't be hard to reproduce except am not in the metal business otherwise I would provide them at a bit higher cost. I did provide a 1" x 1.5" aluminium angle I had found in the garage but ran out of it a while back and can't find any of it anywhere, looked pretty nice too it had that industrial look but the small pcb was exposed no biggy if its underneath steering wheel or flush mounted on vehicle panel.

I've been so busy at work that I have not been able to make any more remotes at the moment. I do have everything ready to go (FR4 boards, toner/etch solution, components needed, free software) just have to find time which is hard to do at the moment. Trust me I'll make some before the year is over, hopefully before this month is over.
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

Awesome. I don't need one/it right away, I'm stockpiling and gathering my gear for next spring. I'll be building up my setup then. Car is parked for winter.

But if you're for sure going to produce a few, put me down for one for sure!

I trust you got my email? Should I bug you, or you'll bug me when the time comes?

Thanks Rick.

Steve
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

vwdude wrote:Haha that was my post. The yellow ones are really rare. Agreed, talk to tricky Ricky. I recently sold mine.
I have the yellow cube and the knob that I put in your post. looks good with charcoal interior.
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

When you have 2 people who really want something on eBay...

A titanium version of the Cube just sold on eBay for US$255.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phoenix-gold-ba ... 1737313966
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I saw that crap and was amazed. Ironic the Ti DEQ is going for a fraction of that although not really with the software stuff...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Dude! The yellow ones are very rare. Dont paint or PC it another color. Especially one of the 2 common colors!
If that is your plan, I will trade you a white or black one.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

I despise painted stuff. Drives me nuts.

It stays yellow.

Still waiting for a knob to be made for it though. No rush... got till spring.
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

trickyricky wrote:I do not make the metal mounting case, only the pcb with the components along with the cable. Shouldn't be hard to reproduce except am not in the metal business otherwise I would provide them at a bit higher cost. I did provide a 1" x 1.5" aluminium angle I had found in the garage but ran out of it a while back and can't find any of it anywhere, looked pretty nice too it had that industrial look but the small pcb was exposed no biggy if its underneath steering wheel or flush mounted on vehicle panel.

I've been so busy at work that I have not been able to make any more remotes at the moment. I do have everything ready to go (FR4 boards, toner/etch solution, components needed, free software) just have to find time which is hard to do at the moment. Trust me I'll make some before the year is over, hopefully before this month is over.
Hey Rick... could you make me a few LPL44 knobs too? I could use a couple for the M100/M44... I know I can buy them new on Ebay, but I'd rather give you the business! Hmm.. maybe even a spare or two for the future. I've noticed some of the new ones are hardwired, and some have the RJ45 plug. Obviously, I'd prefer the RJ version.

And by having all the knobs made by you, they'll all match cosmetic wise!
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Sure thing, I think I was asking 20 or 25 for the LPL's can't remember. The last boards I recently etched came out wrong (circuit is wrong and I rather just toss those in the trash and start from scratch and do them right). Give me another week or two and hopefully I get them done before the year is over, the ole' 7-5 job has been keeping me very occupied and tired lol.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

trickyricky wrote:Sure thing, I think I was asking 20 or 25 for the LPL's can't remember. The last boards I recently etched came out wrong (circuit is wrong and I rather just toss those in the trash and start from scratch and do them right). Give me another week or two and hopefully I get them done before the year is over, the ole' 7-5 job has been keeping me very occupied and tired lol.

NO! not just no but HELL NO!!!! You will stop that silly work/life crap and make us our audio toys NOW!!! :lol:
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

I hear ya. 7-5? Hmm.. I do 6/7 to 8.. If I'm LUCKY on Fridays, I get home by 530. I usually don't - I'm the clean up guy at work, I fix mistakes and do stuff other punks won't want to do and then whine when their checks suck.

I tell ya this tho, I've only recently had all my weekends off for the first time in over 4 years.

I enjoy naps on saturdays and sundays at 1-2pm sharp.

:)

Cool on the knob doohikies. Heard you do good work on a variety of things, and I am grateful that you will make me/us some!

I'll throw in some beer money to put you to sleep... it's what happens to me at 41 now ahahaha.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Not to mention the additional 20-25 minutes to my route each way due to traffic. It's crazy, I have to take the express toll way on the afternoons otherwise a 20m drive can become about an hour drive. Don't worry guys I'll make some remotes and LPLs as well as get caught up with the few amps I have to repair...Just found out last week that my company wants me to run a job (more responsibilities, more than I want) so it may make things even tougher but I'll come through.
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

The pressure of being a PG rock star..
Doglife01

Post by Doglife01 »

I know the guy who makes bass cube knobs