PG DSP? Really?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
NotDeafYet

PG DSP? Really?

Post by NotDeafYet »

El-Akeem

Re: PG DSP? Really?

Post by El-Akeem »

It is a very nice product!

For further information, I recommend to feed your search engine with the "DSP 1.8" term... :wink:
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

Ya, it's what I kinda read on a search last night. It's like a re-branded Rainbow unit.. wth?!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

eh I learned long ago not to get excited by DSP units. We will hear about how it repairs problems in the universe and makes unicorns from horse shit at first. Years down the road we will finally hear the truth about them and why people didn't like them... There always seems to be one big deal breaker with them for some reason.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

ttocs wrote:eh I learned long ago not to get excited by DSP units. We will hear about how it repairs problems in the universe and makes unicorns from horse shit at first. Years down the road we will finally hear the truth about them and why people didn't like them... There always seems to be one big deal breaker with them for some reason.

Deal breaker for me is the price $1100 MSRP :shock: ...might as well get an JBL MSL-8 or Audison BitOne for that kind of coin ... :naughty:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Bchester6

Post by Bchester6 »

dvnt88 wrote:
ttocs wrote:eh I learned long ago not to get excited by DSP units. We will hear about how it repairs problems in the universe and makes unicorns from horse shit at first. Years down the road we will finally hear the truth about them and why people didn't like them... There always seems to be one big deal breaker with them for some reason.

Deal breaker for me is the price $1100 MSRP :shock: ...might as well get an JBL MSL-8 or Audison BitOne for that kind of coin ... :naughty:
For that kind of money it better come with a happy ending.
El-Akeem

Post by El-Akeem »

I think it was a smart move by AAMP to ta advantage of the years of engineering, that the people at Rainbow in Germany have spent on that product. They have delayed it for nearly two years after their first presentation in 2013, because they were not completely satisfied with it. They had a couple of German sound quality competitors, who tested the product in and out. These guys had worked with other processors (from Mosconi, Audison, Helix, Alpine) before, and particularly the GUI is very well tought out!
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Overall a DSP is cool IMO. Combining active crossover, 30+ bands of eq per channel, individual time alignment, and line driver all in one works for me if they can do it in an organized and straight forward configuration.

For some reason, as mentioned earlier, every one of them on the market has something wrong with it. IMO the ms-8 is the worst.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

see now I thought I kept hearing that they were the shiznit? I got that alpine kex-100eq auto setting eq/time alignment that was put together for them by audisey and it did good on the time alignment but the eq was only ok imo and then you were not allowed to make any changes to its settings. WTF? I am praying the F1 9990 eq is better now throwing in the active adjustable cross overs for each channel if it isn't I will want to burn the mofo. I have not heard anything bad about them but like I said the true usefulness of a digital EQ only seems to come out a while after they have been out. I mean I REALLY want to know there is that magical box that after we run our signal through it it makes the planets align and rainbows and butterflys come out of my speakers. Am I asking for too much?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.