Acquired a few goodies, got few questions, need suggestions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
NotDeafYet

Re: Acquired a few goodies, got few questions, need suggesti

Post by NotDeafYet »

I thought I read the RMS power on those tweeters at around 70wrms. The power handling is actually 50wrms. So I think the Mps amp might be perfect. If the spec sheets puts the 14.4v Mps output at 36..what will it really end up being?

Say I did do the ms/Mps combo, I could sandwich them together - if one does that, does one remove the end plates to male a nice snug fit? Make it look like one long 25.5 inch amp dwarfing the m100 :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

NotDeafYet wrote:I thought I read the RMS power on those tweeters at around 70wrms. The power handling is actually 50wrms. So I think the Mps amp might be perfect. If the spec sheets puts the 14.4v Mps output at 36..what will it really end up being?

Say I did do the ms/Mps combo, I could sandwich them together - if one does that, does one remove the end plates to male a nice snug fit? Make it look like one long 25.5 inch amp dwarfing the m100 :)

Idk what the real power of the mps series are...just the rated....but ive heard plenty of them and they are a lot louder then what most think. Also the jl zr tweets are bright. So, i had my highs turns down on my dsp a couple db's and the setting on the passives at the lowest. So just being a lil under powered will be just fine.

Since u have all those amps and gotta have install. Just trust me on the mps2240 highs, m100 mids, ms2125 on subs....and youll love it. Just get it all tuned in and then sit back and really listen.

Butting the ms and mps will not hurt them at all. Just make one long sexy amp.
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

ttocs wrote:grey actually. But Krylon psss psss make it yours :) Its in good shape but yea its a metal bottom from a 430 be happy to send your way.
So Scott here sent me an MQ430 bottom plate. Got it yesterday.

All I can say, is awesome and thanks.

Extremely diligent in packaging it to keep it safe in FedEx's grubby hands! Just what I like to see, and expect from, I guess, anyone on this board... We all seem to care more than the avg joe about our favourite brand, PG. And it's awesome to have things sent to you that arrive undamaged!

To my surprise... Scott sent it before he got paid from me! I paid him the day he gave me the shipping total.

Can't say that's happened before.. From, in theory, a total stranger!

ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

happy to help. Its one of those things I have been hoping to find someone that could make a happy home for it. I guess I could have thrown it on ebay and jacked it up to $100 as I am sure the European customers would love it :)
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Scotts is a great guy many thanks over the years
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

ttocs wrote:happy to help. Its one of those things I have been hoping to find someone that could make a happy home for it. I guess I could have thrown it on ebay and jacked it up to $100 as I am sure the European customers would love it :)
Whahh? You saying that these bottom plates are that rare, pricey or hard to find? The one you dished me, is it an oem plate, or one that someone made? Either or, it looks perfect.. didn't screw it in yet, just slapped it in the shelves of bleeding money out of my account.

Need to find a local place to find a bunch of machined screws to replace a wack on all my amps.
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

kg1961 wrote:Scotts is a great guy many thanks over the years
I think most are here, from what I've been reading. Only been around for a few months.. and that's why I'm sticking to this site. I spend enough time wasting time on here, I don't need to be on a bunch of forums.

BTW, what part of Canada you in? I'm in Ottawa.. got your you wanting my yellow Canada special base cube msg.. haven't decided. It'd be a hard item to part with - I like to hoard things. GOOD things.